World Bank Vacancy-Executive Assistant- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The World Bank Group is looking for qualified applicants for following open position in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job #req 13336
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English, Spanish
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The World Bank Group serves 30 client countries in the Latin America and the Caribbean Region (LCR). Clients range from large, rapidly growing, sophisticated middle-income clients to IDA countries to small Caribbean states and one fragile state. Despite immense resources, dynamic societies, and an average annual per capita income of about $4,000, deep inequalities persist in most LCR countries, with nearly a quarter of the Region’s people living in poverty. The Bank’s strategy in LCR is focused on five pillars: (a) stimulating growth and improving competitiveness; (b) reducing poverty and inequality; (c) making governments and institutions work for people; (d) providing a platform for tackling global issues (climate change, trade, disease, migration); and (e) reducing risk, whether from extreme weather events, climate change, crime and violence or other.
CMU and Country Office Context:
- The LC6 Country Management Unit (CMU) is responsible for Bank operations in Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador and Peru, and is composed of a decentralized office in Lima, where the Country Director (CD) is based, an Anchor Office at Headquarters; and Country Offices in Quito, La Paz, and Santiago. The CMU oversees a wide range of Bank activities, including a large number of financial services (over 40 projects under implementation with commitments of around US$6 billion) and a strong yearly pipeline of around US$1 billion per year (average), as well as a strong program of over 30 innovative knowledge, reimbursable and convening activities.
- During FY19, the CMU delivered the Country Partnership Framework (CPF) for Ecuador. The CPF aims at rebalancing the economy, reigniting sustainable growth, and protecting the vulnerable. It considers the mobilization of additional resources and WBG instruments, as fiscal balances improve. Three areas of results have been defined: (i) Supporting Fundamentals for Inclusive Growth (focus: fiscal sustainability); (ii) Building Human Capital and Protecting the Vulnerable (focus: sustainability of the social sectors); and (iii) Enhancing Institutional and Environmental Sustainability (focus: resilience to shocks). We expect WB financial commitments to be between US$500 and US$800 per Fiscal Year for the next 4 years The demand for WBG advisory services remains high and has led to an important engagement with government counterparts.
- Given the setup of the CMU, the Ecuador Office works with virtual teams in Perú, Chile, Ecuador and Headquarters. Strong client orientation support is required to the extended team carrying out the work program in the country as well as in maintaining fluent communication and coordination with local stakeholders is key to the performance and quality delivery of the office. The Ecuador Country Office has a total of 15 staff.
- LCCEC (Ecuador Country Office) is searching for an Executive Assistant to provide high quality administrative support to the LCCEC Resident Representative who is based in Quito. The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Resident Representative and carries the overall responsibility for managing the quality, timeliness and completeness of administrative and client support functions, their related liaisons, and compliance with Bank procedures and standards in the Country Office.
Roles & Responsibility:
- The Executive Assistant (known as EA) contributes to the smooth running of the daily operations of the Country Office and reports directly to the Resident Representative. The successful candidate will be expected to support with the following: Principal Office responsibilities:
- Work with a high-level of discretion in providing wide-ranging executive assistance in setting and managing priorities and the workflow of the Resident Representative.
- Coordinate in an efficient manner the Resident Representative’s schedule of meetings and appointments to ensure effective time management; screen, track, prioritize and follow-up all incoming email and documents, preparing responses as requested. Coordinate daily schedule with the Resident Representative driver.
- Ensure relevant documents and papers (including Bios, background information) are available for meetings, deadlines are met, and documents requiring signature are of high quality and adhere to administrative and operational guidelines. Coordinate work, signature and delivery of documents with LC6 Office as required.
- Prioritize and channel telephone calls and mail; monitor and follow-up on issues and priorities, ensuring that appropriate consultations take place.
- Attend meetings as necessary and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Initiate and coordinate travel and hotel arrangements for the Resident Representative, as well as for consultants and visitors, as needed.
- Handle ad hoc duties as assigned by the Resident Representative.
- Provide executive assistant support to the Country Director and/or VIP officials, when visiting Ecuador.
- Representation Contacts and Liaison:
- As the first line contact with an extensive network of contacts at the most senior level, both internal and external visitors, callers and dignitaries, the Executive Assistant will be expected to exercise judgment, tact and discretion in answering and or redirecting inquiries to appropriate sources and in dealing with sensitive or highly confidential matters, making decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Establish and maintain an effective network of contacts both inside and outside the Front Office to ensure effective liaison in support of office needs. General Office Support and Coordination:
- Accountable for the smooth operation of office support work and related procedures within the CO.
- Plays a leadership role in planning, organizing, coordinating and monitoring the flow of unit/department’s work program.
- Also acts as nexus between management and other staff and ensures flow of communications within the office.
- Establishes, builds and maintains an effective network of contacts with government officials, donors, civil society, academia, business, HQ, and other country offices.
- Over sees LARS coordination.
- Acts as a member of the Crisis Management Team and participates actively in meetings, initiatives and trainings.
- Leads the coordination of the CO Learning Event Overall Coordination of ACS workflow:
- Assigns work to ACS in coordination with Resident Representative to even out the workload across teams and ensure coverage and to adjust staffing levels during major events or peak periods.
- Oversees ACS staff including coaching, training and mentoring.
- Identifies and finds training programs and offerings for ACS and staff, according to business needs and priorities. Assists in the preparation of their learning plans.
- Provides guidance to ACS staff, drivers and temporary assistants, i.e. coordinating work assignments and providing input to the Performance Management process.
- Participates in the ACS staffing discussions.
- Coordinates with Management and ACS Regional Leadership Team (ACS RLT) Learning Coordinator on available learning resources.
- Oversees overall training needs for ACS Staff in the Country Office, through the information in Learning Plans agreed by Performance Management Supervisors and ACS staff.
- Country Office HR Administration (HR Proxy role):
- Act as the HR Proxy for the Country Office under the guidance of the LCR HR team. Support the timely implementation of HR processes in the Country Office.
- Coordinates logistics for recruitment and appointment of all local hires.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of all ACS, including organizing short listing and interview panels.
- Manages the onboarding process for new staff. Provides orientation and guidance for new locally recruited staff. cvAmIrv-DmW31O
- Coordinates logistics for the Performance Management process for the Country Office.
- Provides logistical support for staff leaving the office, in accordance with exit procedures.
- CO Relocation Focal Point.
Institutional and Regional responsibilities:
- Actively participates as a member of the ACS RLT in implementing regional ACS initiatives.
- Organizes and/or coordinates major events and learning programs (conferences, workshops, donor meetings, retreats and training programs) as requested by the ACS RLT.
- Participates in the LCR ACS cross-regional initiatives.
- Participates in institutional/corporate activities outside the Country Office.
- Performs other duties as applicable.
- Selection Criteria
The successful candidate should meet the following selection criteria:
- Excellent command of English and Spanish language skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft and or/translate a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Strong team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Bank Group administrative/operational procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in advanced functions of standard Bank technology packages.
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated experience in specialized administrative/operational support functions (e.g., database management, knowledge management, task management, major event/course planning, etc.) and ability to apply relevant procedures, processes and systems.
- Extensive knowledge of unit’s business processes and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the unit’s work program.
- Analytical ability, practical problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in performing varied tasks in the area(s) of functional specialty.
- Strong inter-personal skills and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated skills in retrieving, gathering and obtaining information from various sources (Internet, etc.) and pulling them together in a usable format
- Ability to prepare presentation materials using various software packages with minimum guidance.
- Ability to provide guidance, train and mentor less experienced staff. Minimum Education/Experience at recruitment/selection
- High school diploma with 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (candidates with an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree preferred).
Technology and Systems Knowledge:
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and other IT applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Prezi, etc.) and proficiency of technology and/or systems relevant to functional area. Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems. Project and task management:
- Able to undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands. Demonstrates good organizational skills, can plan and prioritize own work and work of internal clients (e.g. manage manager’s calendar). Institutional policies processes, and procedures:
- Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people. Able to practically apply and guide others in policy application. Versatility and adaptability:
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology. Is able proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives. Team Leadership (ACS):
- Able to provide support to team members, giving instructions when necessary to improve work performance and promote collaboration within team. Able to organize and/or conduct training for team members on procedures, policies and work activities.
Drive for Results:
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so. Teamwork (collaboration) and inclusion:
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view. Knowledge, Learning and Communication:
- Able to communicate in a constructive and professional manner. Can assist in the preparation of written materials in accordance with WB administrative guidelines and best practices. Able to contribute to unit’s knowledge sharing. Business Judgment and Analytical Decision-making:
- Able to effectively and independently provide general research support. Demonstrates ability to assess situation and make sound judgment on action needed.
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply for this position on the website by Clicking the link below
Closing Date:Closing Date: 10/19/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: