The World Bank Group is looking for qualified applicants for Driver position in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job #: req649
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 10/15/2018
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is currently searching for a Driver to provide an effective and efficient day to day logistics transport function for the Office in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. /he is expected to operate and maintain bank vehicles with a focus on safety; performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary; fueling the vehicles; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported; documenting customer usage; preparing trip reports; providing safety briefing to staff/passengers; and providing other services as requested by the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide transport service to the Country Team
- Diligently provide transport service to staff and visiting missions, both within city and regions.
- Log Official trips as per World Bank’s polices, including daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, service etc.
- Ensuring safety of the passengers.
- While driving the assigned office vehicle; ensure the safety of authorized staff and vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped with first aid kit and check expiry date for replacement.
- Ensure that the safety belt is clean and assist all passengers to have fastened belts.
- Ensure that VHF radio is working before any field trip.
- Keep track of maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Responsible for day-today maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check the technical condition of the vehicle and make the necessary changes of oil, water, battery, brakes and tires etc.
- Perform minor, routine repairs and ensure the cleanness of the vehicle.
- Client/Team Relations
- Build and maintain good working relationships between all staff and the Transport team.
- Encourage and promote team spirit within the Transport team group.
- Provide timely and reliable information and maintain good communication among the team;
- Provide additional administrative support tasks when assigned or required
- Handle airport customs clearances and visa, ID etc. from MOFA
- Handle settlement of utility bills
- Do procurements of office supplies
- Handle mail deliver to different government and non-government offices.
- Client Orientation – Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally;
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so;
- 12th Grade plus Diploma in Auto Mechanics Driving Certificate 3rd grade /public transport and 4/2 years driving experience;
- Defensive driving skills being an advantage;
- Ability to speak and write English fluently;
- Computer literate for e-mail communication, travel creation and travel expense reporting;
- Ability to interact in the Local Language is desirable
- Prior experience of working with international agencies is also an advantage;
- Willingness to work after hours, on weekends, under crisis or emergencies, and on short notice.