Women Social Empowerment Project Officer Job at ActionAid Ethiopia
Job Opportunity at ActionAid Ethiopia
ActionAid Ethiopia (AAE) is a Gender equality and poverty eradication organization. In Ethiopia, ActionAid works to challenge gender inequalities and the root causes of poverty through empowering critical mass of communities especially Women and Girls living in poverty.
ActionAid Ethiopia believes that Gender equality and poverty eradication are achieved through purposeful individual and collective action to bring socio-economic changes from household level to local, national and international levels. Empowerment of people living in poverty and women leadership with the support of their allies is crucial to drive change that will ensure equality and poverty eradication.
ActionAid Ethiopia seeks to employ vibrant, energetic, knowledgeable, experienced, highly capable and motivated professional on women’s social empowerment under PPL II Women Social Empowerment Project who has a high regard for integrity for the following position.
Job Title: Women Social Empowerment Project Officer
Project Name: PPL Women Social Empowerment Project Reports to: Senior Program Officer
Required Number: One
Duty Base: SNNPR, Bench Maji Zone, Semen Bench District
Duration: The project duration is for 1-year fixed term.
The Successful Project Officers are responsible for the efficient and effective implementation of the Project activity. They are responsible to undertake community level participatory poverty analysis, design/planning, appraisal, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of multi-sectoral anti-poverty and integrated development programs with emphasis given to the objective of ensuring social empowerment of women in an integrated and holistic manner; ensure the organizing and institutional capacity building of CBOs through preparation and monitoring, provide regular technical support. They also play active role in ensuring the project is integrated with the regular programme work, and that there is horizontal and vertical linkage of project deliverables and are responsible to execute the project starting from developing and appraising agreements, following up activities and timely preparing project plan, progress update and reports. The project officers will also monitor and connect the project learnings with AAE women development works by ensuring integration, quality and learning
- The successful candidates must possess a minimum of bachelor’s Degree in social science, with a minimum of four years proven experience,
- Proven experience on participatory community development/ community mobilization, behavior change, organization and empowerment and multi-sectoral grassroots integrated development work.
- Proven working experience on women’s and girls’ social empowerment works in addressing factors that affect their wellbeing and development endeavors.
- Proven working experience in organizing women and girls in social groups, building their capacities and have a good understanding on challenges/barriers to women and girls’ social empowerment and integrated development
- Technical training facilitation skill, knowledge management, and proven experience in writing quality report and documentation skill
- Proven experience in project management particularly in area of Women’s and girl’s social empowerment
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station they are applying and must have good command of English language, and
- First grade driving license is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letter along with recent CV no later than September 12, 2018 to: ActionAid Ethiopia, P.O. Box 1261, Addis Ababa
Or E-mail it to:
Apply by September 12, 2018
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply
We highly encourage CVs to be submitted via the above email address. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Note that applications received after the dead line shall not be considered.