Water Resources Management Specialist – Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Water Resources Management Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Somali, Ethiopia.
Water Resources Management Specialist
- Support and oversee all watershed stakeholder engagement including the establishment and strengthening of rangeland and watershed councils (RWCs) which will serve as a key institution for enhanced community resource management and coordination.
- Organize and facilitate FGDs, validation workshops, consultations, and other stakeholder engagement to:
- Understand partner communities’ water-related risks, needs, and priorities; and
- support data gathering for a landscape diagnostic using the Ecosystem Intelligence (EI) platform, which will be used to establish the target catchment’s baseline ecological performance;
- Through an iterative process, and in partnership with program partners and partner communities, support the development of a menu of locally relevant nature-based solutions for quantitative and community prioritization. This will include sourcing detailed information on intervention designs and local costing information and facilitating community consultations and workshops to promote participatory decision-making in water management interventions.
- Lead and facilitate the process for co-designing a comprehensive catchment /landscape management plan based on empirical findings from cost-benefit heat mapping and modeled performance scores.
- Collaborate with government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders to ensure coordinated and effective implementation of water projects.
- Develop and conduct training sessions and workshops to enhance the knowledge and skills of stakeholders in water management practices.
- Where relevant, work with CM3 engineers to oversee the design and implementation of water management infrastructure, ensuring compliance with USAID and GOE requirements and best practices;
- Ensure planned activities are implemented timely and with a high level of technical quality.
- Support the identification of innovative or sustainable financing sources and/or mechanisms to support the long-term implementation of catchment /landscape management.
- Identify opportunities and actively support the integration of programming and activities across CM3 objectives including water supply services improvement and market systems development.
- Design and support capacity-building efforts of RWC stakeholders and local government officials.
- Participate in regular field visits to assess the activities’ implementation progress, give technical advice/mentor, and provide feedback(s) for further improvement.
- Closely work with the Water Security Manager and M&E team to develop and use appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools to track impact and progress against targets.
- Support complementary research and learning initiatives as requested;
- In collaboration with the CM3 team and partners, build and maintain close relationships with key government partners and local implementers.
- Represent Mercy Corps professionally in cluster areas to bring credit and maintain its humanitarian and development mission.
- Prepare regular (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) and ad-hoc reports on project activities, progress, challenges, and outcomes for program management and donor reporting; and
- Other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Water Resource Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Hydrology, Conservation, Economics, Ecology, or other related subject.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the private or public sector working to strengthen ecological management and community-level capacity to manage natural resources sustainably;
- Proven experience in designing and executing community-based resource management projects, including infrastructure development and capacity building;
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, watershed management, and community-driven solutions;
- Experience working in crisis-affected or challenging environments is a plus.
- Strong understanding of water management principles, sustainable development, and community engagement approaches. Strong preference for candidates with working knowledge of nature-based solutions;
- Excellent facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills for working and engaging with diverse stakeholders;
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for data analysis and project management is highly desirable;
- Fluency in English and Somali (spoken and written); knowledge of other local languages is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team in challenging field conditions;
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: ClickHere
Deadline: 24, November , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: