WASH Officer – Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work:Assosa, Ethiopia.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
- Supervise Hygiene Promotion activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle, in training, and in the use of tool kits and other materials.
- Supervise WASH activities and resources so that they are implemented and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Recruit, train, and manage subordinate/Public Health Promotion agent’s staff including performance appraisal.
- Organize day-to-day logistics, administration, and personnel activities together with the other sectors.
- Carry out informal and formal training sessions (according to identified needs) and evaluate the impacts of these trainings.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH program.
- Responsible for overall school WASH activities including training and follow ups.
- Identification and provision of water treatment chemicals and give them orientation on how to use it.
- First degree or postgraduate in Environmental Health/ Public health nursing or similar relevant discipline.
- Minimum four years’ experience of working as a WaSH-PHP Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in implementation of software components of WaSH activities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in WaSH programming and integration with nutrition and health sectors
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English and Amharic, both written and verbal. Knowledge of local language is advantageous.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential. Experience with other computer programs such as SPSS, SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 28, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 26 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa