WASH Coordinator – Samaritan’s Purse
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for qualified applicants the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Somali, Ethiopia.
- Participate in field assessments and surveys in order to map areas requiring new water sources or repairs
- Arrange and coordinate meetings with community leaders in collaboration with other WASH staff
- Provide programme support and technical advice with an emphasis on WASH and other projects
- Maintain an overview of the country WASH programme(s) and of the regional context, with a view to strategically developing new projects in current sites and / or in surrounding regions.
- Provide any technical advice that is necessary to communities
- Conduct water quality assessments and disinfect sources as required
- Oversee any future water implementation project using community participation
- Request materials from the store as per the need and ensure correct usage
- Ensure there is adequate community involvement in the implementations
- Ensure women and children’s active participation and involvement in the project implementation
- Ensuring sites and communities are ready for the work in advance
- Holding meetings with community leaders and members as needed to resolve problem and conflicts arise due to the program implementation
- Ensuring all communities are given fair chance in the project as per their needs
- Coordinate with SP’s operations department for all WASH logistical needs and making sure all movements are planned well and done appropriately.
- Maintain an oversight of WASH supplies ordered for the WASH projects, supporting the WASH and logistics staff in the coordination and quality control of WASH supplies.
- Prepare and write internal activity reports and monthly plan.
- Actively attend WASH coordination meetings at the regional level.
- Assume other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a Christian witness to the communities.
- BA Degree in Water Engineering, Public Health, Environmental Engineering or equivalent Degree in related fields.
- Minimum three years of experience in WASH.
- Previous INGO work experience preferred.
- Proven ability to coordinate program staff, develop budgets, complete reporting and monitor/evaluate methodologies within the health sector
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people
- Possesses strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Strong English language writing and speaking skills, with ability to produce quality English reports
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: email@example.com Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 23, November , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: