Wash Coordinator – Plan International
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- The post holder will have overall responsibility for the planning, management, operation, coordination, and regular monitoring of the project to ensure smooth and fast implementation of WASH project activities, including redesigning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and managing the budget at the Project level.
- The post holder will manage approximately 5 million Birr of annual budget.
- The post holder will have responsibility for ensuring the quality program delivery of the feasibility study, detail design, BOQ, contract management, regular monitoring, construction supervision, quality control, and report preparations of water and sanitation facilities.Faciitate and lead the district stakeholders for the
- Implementation and integration of WASH and health and nutrition projects.
- Ensure record of any documentation about the project history for learning, and reporting.
- She/he will ensure a smooth working environment and teamwork within Plan International Ethiopia the respective field staff and across the WASH, health, and nutrition partners.
- Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff sign safeguarding policies;
- Implement Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Health, or related disciplines.
- 5 years of relevant experience in water supply and sanitation development, construction supervision, and Contract Administration out of which a minimum of 2 years of NGO experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the management (feasibility study, design, construction supervision, contract administration, etc. of solar-powered water system projects) of water supply and sanitation projects and infrastructures.
- Experience in solar projects particularly solar-powered water supply system design, construction, operation, and maintenance skill.
- Experience in preparation of bills of quantities and specification, bid document preparation and evaluation, contract document preparation, negotiation management, as well as supervision and administration of projects.
- Experience and Knowledge of using Water CAD, AutoCAD, and related software packages are advantageous.
- Knowledge of the water, sanitation, and hygiene sector.
- Knowledge & experience in supervising solar-powered water system infrastructures.
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child-centred community development programming.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges opportunities, and implications to community development.
- Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research systems and processes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 28, October , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: