EngenderHealth Inc. works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health & to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality. EngenderHealth Inc. is currently looking for a well-qualified Warehouse Person/Druggist for its ABRI projects based in AA.
The Warehouse Person/Druggist is responsible for the inflow, storage and out flow of goods as per the requests of the demand and will be in charge for the overall management and implementation of standard procedures of the store activities. He/she will also be responsible for the timely action on the medical supplies of the project, quality assurance of medical supplies and follow up on the expiry date.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for storage and handling store as per the procedures and standards of EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office and in accordance with the national policies and standards and ensure the proper implementation of same.
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are operational in the store house
- Follow that all health and safety procedures are operational in the store house as per DACA requirement
- Follow up the maintenance of the store house and separation of medical items and other non-medical supplies as per local law.
- Follow up on available stock and make sure that the A.A office have enough stock balance and initiate purchase requisition at reorder level (EOQ).
- Assist satellite offices to create similar system (EOQ) with A.A. for prior assessment of reorder level.
- Monitor proper stock control, utilization and timely ordering and restocking of medical supplies, furniture/equipment.
- Initiate Purchase Requisitions (PR) at reorder level (EOQ) for central office.
- Ensuring that all incoming goods are as per requests and specification.
- Checks deliveries of goods for quality and quantity and record details on GRNs timely.
- Control the proper loading and unloading process of goods at arrival and dispatch.
- Making sure that all goods are packed and stored properly, safely and securely and also store house is well protected.
- Ensure the store is arranged according to the nature of the items, where the identification of any item is clear, stacked in a logical sequence and marked with store label and design the floor map accordingly.
- Maintain a stock tracking record and ensure that stock levels are recorded correctly on bin card and timely reconciliation against stock card maintained at finance.
- Ensure proper and timely utilization of all medical supplies maintained at EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office s and make semi-annual visits to satellite offices to monitor status of expiry dates.
- Check for expiry dates, maintain records for expiry dates and notify supervisors for any item that is damaged or expired for standard disposal procedures and local requirement.
- Take the leading role in distributing all purchases to the regional Satellite Offices as per their requests
- Issue goods from stock only on receipt of an authorised Stock Request Forms.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of stores and fixed asset inventory, participate in disposal plans and report compilation.
- Maintain and keep records of all offices medical supply demand and produce utilization report periodically
- Compile on interval basis, satellite and central, stock on hand and report to Operation and Logistics Manager as input for distribution plan and management decision.
- Compile regular stock reports and stock reconciliations and ensure that discrepancies in the stock levels are reported to the line manager.
- Responsible to generate monthly warehouse report
- Assist in the management of fixed assets count and reports.
- Implement all store management documentations in place, ensure all the satellite offices are following the same standard procedure and guide all to maintain similar records.
- Any related job activities as per the instruction by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Business Administration, Management, Supplies Management, Store Management or related field from a recognized college/university or professional institution.
- Minimum of (4) four years in supplies or store management position and experience with NGO’s.
- Good knowledge on international donor’s regulations and requirement, such as USAID etc.; in planning & organizing; of computer application; strong report writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in time management/meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and to effectively work in a team.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work under pressure.
- A person with integrity, honesty, etc.
REPORTS TO: Operations and Logistics Manager