UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants the following open position
Warehouse Assistant, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia -UNICEF
Internal Advertisement-Warehouse Assistant, GS-5,(Temporary Appointment 364) Addis Ababa, Post No.00042115 (Only for Nationals of Ethiopia)
Job no: 548710
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Ethiopia Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Love
How can you make a difference?
- Supervision of Warehousing and inventory management.
- Management of dispatch and rental transport.
- Collaboration with programme and implementing partners.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management in VISION.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties and end results.
Supervision of Warehousing and inventory management.
Duties & Tasks
- Manage UNICEF warehouse facilities and operations in line with UNICEF policies and procedures. Assess warehousing capacity including facilities, conditions of equipment, manpower, and processes. Propose corrective actions to supervisor.
- Assess new warehouse facilities when required. If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures (e.g. Wiik-Halls/Rub Halls).
- Maintain appropriate warehousing and inventory management processes in support of the country programme implementation. Ensure accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are in place, and relevant records are properly maintained.
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking and storage plans to ensure appropriate storage and optimize use of space.
- Supervise receipt of consignments and dispatch of supplies.
Carry out regular physical counts of inventory in the warehouse. Prepare documentation for commodity disposal through Property Survey Board committee.
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to UNICEF programming/contingency commodities arrivals.
Management of dispatch and rental transport.
Duties & Tasks
- Check all incoming cargoes for quantity, packing & markings before acknowledgment of receipt. Preparing Goods Receiving Note (GRN)for the received supplies.
- Prepare are dispatch schedule on the basis of distribution plans and consignee details provided by program sections and/or release order marking for every warehouse stock item on a regular basis, prepare waybills and gate pass for all dispatched supplies.Coordinate with the contracted transport company on the need for types and numbers of truck requirements to distribute supplies as per dispatch scheduled on a timely basis. c8Yigoc DmW35DOrganize and handle monitoring system for collection of Governments Receipts (Model 19s) and provide quarterly report on regular basis.
- Vision inventory database is accurate, maintained properly and updated regularly.
Supervise performance of Daily Laborers and the security guards and provide guidance on how to handle incoming and outgoing supplies and persons during and after working hours. Report on irregularities when observed.
Collaboration with programme and implementing partners
Duties & Tasks
- In collaboration with supervisor, develop close collaboration with programme sections through involvement in programme design, planning, and preparation for implementation of supply components as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Establish accountability framework with programmes, for delivery of results for children.
- Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners including civil society, establishment of Programme Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), and monitoring of supply components under Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT).
- Participate in events/meetings that build partnerships and collaborative relations with Government, UN organizations and bilateral counterparts in supply and logistics activities including harmonized and collaborative procurement.
Warehouse and Inventory Management in VISION.
Duties & Tasks
- Ensure that all local supplies should have Purchase Orders, Delivery notes and pre-inspection report prior to receive into the warehouse.
- Assists in the maintenance and management of UNICEF Warehouse and
- Inventory Management ERP VISION by providing support in receiving, Dispatch.
- Conduct periodically physical stock checking and update bin cards to ensure the accuracy of physical stock balance with the VISION.
- Ensure that the supplies are distributed based on the FIFO/LIFO method to minimize loss due to expiry and damage.
- Ensure that all supplies at the warehouse compound are clearly marked with stock cards & stored in a safe & appropriate manner. Ensure easy movement, ventilation, maintenance, and systematic arrangement of stock.
- Report on irregularities, if any, in relation to receipt/dispatch of goods & security of the warehouse.
Impact of Results
The ability of the Logistics Officer to successfully plan, manage and oversee the effective and efficient supply chain management of supplies, services for UNICEF programmes and the Government, directly impact on program goals and results for children. This in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility of UNICEF as an effective and responsible manager of funds entrusted to the organization and to furthering UNICEF image as a competent organization for delivering cost effective and sustainable program results for children.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in
Five years general secretarial, administrative work, which should include a good knowledge of standard secretarial practices and procedures.
English is required and a working knowledge of the local language would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. We particularly encourage applications from qualified female candidates.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
How to apply
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.To apply click the following link
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Feb 24 2022 E. Africa Standard Time Application close: Mar 10 2022 E. Africa Standard Time
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: