US Embassy Vacancy – Driver Clerk
U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia looking for qualified applicants for the following open vacancies.
Driver Clerk, FSN-04; FP-AA
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 08 – 2017
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Driver Clerk, FSN-04; FP-AA
OPENING DATE: April 25, 2017
CLOSING DATE: May 09, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time (48 hours/week)
SALARY: *Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-AA (Starting salary to be determined by Washington)
Ordinarily Resident (OR): Starting Salary – 8, 017 USD per year
(Position Grade: FSN- 04)
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
LENGTH OF HIRE: Temporary employment not to exceed one year from the date of hire. This employment may be extended based on budget availability.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for the position of Driver Clerk in the Foreign Commercial Service Office of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
This position in the American Embassy Foreign Commercial Service requires clerical and administrative support ability, driving proficiency and vehicle maintenance skills, and some commercial assistant and elementary commercial specialist skills. The incumbent performs a variety of clerical and administrative support duties to support all FCS staff including, but not limited to, typing and preparing correspondence, filling documents, answering telephone calls and taking messages, making appointments, making Motor pool request, making supply request, escorting visitors to FCS offices, and assisting with representational events, trade events, briefings, and conferences. The incumbent drives vehicles to deliver and pick up FCS staff (including the Senior Commercial Officer, other FCS staff, and VIP visitors) and materials, and ensures that vehicles are maintained in top operating condition.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383)
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
2. Experience: Minimum of 3 years prior driving experience is required. (Experience with basic computer skills on outlook calendar and email correspondence is required.
3. Language: Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) of English and Level 4 (Fluent) of Amharic language is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
4. Skills and Abilities: Ability to receive with courtesy and skill Americans at all levels, including senior corporate/business and government officials required. Good working skill in operating commonly used PC programs including MS-Word, MS- Excel and windows. Accurate English typing at a rate of at least 20wpm is required. Ability to drive vehicle equipped with either standard or automatic transmissions required. Must possess a current and valid minimum Grade III Ethiopian driver’s license. Excellent driving skills and basic knowledge of automobile repair and maintenance required
5. Knowledge: Should have some knowledge of U.S. Commercial Service functions, organizations, and services as well as local business firms, organizations, trade practices, and commercial laws and regulations. Should have knowledge of various locations in Addis Ababa to include numerous U.S. and Ethiopian private sector and government office locations. Should have knowledge of basic auto mechanics, common safety of passenger.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM/USEFM who is also a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) AEFM/USEFM who is not a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on Leave Without Pay
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.