This position is located in El Fasher. The Administrative Assistants reports to Chief Supply Chain Management Service.
High school or equivalent diploma is required.
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant FS-4 will carry out the following duties:
Summary of Key functions
A. Summary of Key Functions:
• Implementation and maintenance of administrative procedures
• Support to effective and efficient functioning of the Service (office/operations/ administration)
• Support to administrative and logistical services
• Support to office maintenance and assets management
• Support to events and activities organized by the Service
B. General Administration
• Prepares processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff and participants
• Registers and maintains administrative data and records on important contacts for the SCM Pillar, OiCs and deputies, on a monthly basis.
• Acts as custodian and drafts routine correspondence for the CSCM on matters related to Information Circulars, Administrative Instructions and other, as directed by CSCM.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
• Maintains up-to-date work files of the office (mainly electronic but also paper when needed).
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required, e.g., operational travel program; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements for seminars, conferences and translations.
• Supports the organization of events and activities of the office`s plan-of-work.
• Draft routine correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant administrative, financial audit and personnel matters; schedule meetings and appointments; maintain files of administrative instructions and other rules and regulations; provide guidance and training to other administrative assistants.
• Coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with internal team members both at the Mission Headquarters and in Sectors
• Perform other related administrative duties, as required e.g., operational travel plan for unit/section;; physical space allocation plans and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, assist with the organization and coordination of seminars, conferences and translations.
• Guide, train and supervise more junior level staff.
C. Human Resources/ Financial Management
• Initiates, processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the office human resource activities (leave, work plans, trainings, travels, MOPs, attendance, Performance submission documents, and other)
• Provides guidance on HR matters to the staff of the SCM Pillar, ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
• Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems.
• Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports, and follows-up.
• Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
• Coordinate the RBB inputs of the SCMS, ensuring its timely circulation to the SCMS Section and timely submission to DMS office.
D. Perform any other duties as required.
• Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients,” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the client’s environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress of setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.