Truck Driver – U.S. Embassy
U.S. Embassy is looking for eligible and qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Under direct supervision of the Assistant Facility Manager, the incumbent operates heavy trucks, water trucks, fuel truck light vehicles, and forklifts in the transport, placement, delivery and physical organization of the Embassy’s operation. As well as other official duties as assigned.
- Drives USG trucks transporting water, fuel and goods between the Embassy compound, Embassy warehouse and various Embassy residences within Addis Ababa
- Ensures preventive maintenance is kept up to date on assigned vehicles as necessary
- Often handles other duties as assigned.
- Provides backup driving services for FAC section light vehicle.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Three years of heavy truck driving, of which two include forklift operation, is required
- Must be professionally skilled at handling trucks with liquid (water & fuel) and forklifts.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions carefully, identify potential problems and advise supervisor, with a minimum of supervision to provide the most efficient service.
- Must have valid 5th-grade driver’s license is required and must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years, have a very good knowledge of the roads and traffic patterns of Addis Ababa and have basic industry knowledge of protecting/transporting/loading/unloading, water & fuel via truck and via forklift. (These may be tested).
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 31, October , 2023.