Travel Assistant – UNECA
Economic Commission for Africa(UNECA) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Posting Title: Travel Assistant
Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Commission for Africa-172412-Individual Contractor
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of Service
To support the unit, facilitate in the travel process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to a divers working environment
- Ability to handle inquiries via telephone or e-mails
Six (6) months with a possibility of extension
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance of the Chief of Publications and Conference Management Section (PCMS), and the direct supervision of the Chief of Travel, Transport and Visa Services Unit (TTVSU), the Individual Contractors shall perform the following specific duties:
- Under the direct supervision of the Chief Travel, Transport and Visa Services Unit, the incumbent is responsible for arranging and facilitating travel and related services for ECA staff members, consultants and guests by assisting with all matters relating to airline tickets, confirmations, travel entitlements, visas, hotel accommodation and other travel requirements.
- Liaises with various Airlines, Travel Agents and UN Agencies worldwide to co-ordinate travel activities on behalf of other parties traveling at the ECA’s expense; c5KxjJb DmW5Cx
- screens on-line Travel requests for conformity with UN Travel Regulations and Rules;
- Interpretation and application of the relevant rules; determination of itineraries;
- calculation of travel entitlements and DSA, standard of accommodation; ticketing, reimbursements, re-issuances, processing of ticket refunds, tracking/tracing lost baggage and
- preparation of claims, Hotel and ground transportation reservations, and flight confirmation;
- Drafting correspondence, Information circulars and other documents emanating from the Travel Unit;
- Maintaining databases relating to: UN Daily Subsistence Allowances applicable to various Countries; Volume of business awarded to each travel agency, discounts and preferential rates offered by various Travel Agents and Airlines; performing other administrative duties as follows: provides inputs to divisions in the preparation of their quarterly plans, provides input to management on policy issues; Prepares weekly status reports for the Unit Supervisor on the activities of the sub-unit, Preparing accounts, statistics and other statements; checks, verifies and submits for payment, invoices for services rendered to the Commission by vendors;
- performing other duties as may be assigned periodically.
Academic Qualifications: High School Diploma
Experience: At least four (4) years progressive experience in coordinating travel activities.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in written and spoken English with good communication skill is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Application Deadline:27 January 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: