Temporary Recruitment Officer, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Plan International
Job Title:Temporary Recruitment Officer, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Plan International
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Company: Plan International
Location: Addis Ababa
Type of Role: Officer (Temporary)
Reports to: Recruitment Manager
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Recruitment Officer (Temporary) is responsible for handling all aspects of staff recruitment. S/he oversees the process to ensure procedures are followed in a fair and transparent manner. H/she works closely with hiring managers to process shortlist candidates, schedule interviews, communicates with candidates and provides a professional recruitment service through the effective administration of HRIS based on Recruitment policies and procedures. The position is for three months with possiblity of extension.
- Supporting and participating in all recruitment process: collecting applications, conducting assessments, sending reference checks, salary negotiation, offering and employment contract.
- Proactively support the hiring managers in the recruitment processes
- Organize inductions by coordination with all relevant departments
- Review JD format as Plan International Ethiopia’s standard
- Communicate the outcome of interview and process recruitment minutes for approval.
- Send the reference checks
- Send job offer in verbal and written to successful candidate/s and notify unsuccessful candidates
- Make sure that anti-terrorism and other pre-hire checks are completed within the probation period dAn6dsv DmW5Bz
- Coordinate the logistic arrangement for new joiners to ensure that new staff receive adequate information about the organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensuring that probations for new staff are set and assessed properly and on time.
- Ensuring that all required documents are collected from new staff including copy of degrees, ID Card, Marriage Certificate (if married), bank account…etc.
- Keep track of all ongoing recruitments
- Ensure taht the Personal Requisition Form (PRF) is alligned with other supporting documents including budget availability
Educational Background and Required Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Management, HR or related field.
- 3-5 years significant directly relevant experience, or demonstrated equivalent combination
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding staff, personnel issues
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organised and manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software applicable to role.
- Good communication skills in English
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusive and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
HOW TO APPLY
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.To apply please click the following link below. https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1647797046315
Closing Date: March 24, 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: