Temporary Data Entry Clerk
Catholic Relief Services is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position: Temporary Data Entry Clerk
Posted by: Catholic Relief Services
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category/Specialization: Admin-Clerical-Secretarial, Information Technology, Nonprofit-Social Services
Employment Type: Full time
Closing Date: 03.25.2020
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief’ and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partnerorganizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, peace building, WASH, emergency relief, health and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy Adults among its staff, consultants, equal opportunity, affirmative people with disabilities are on Protection of Children and Vulnerable volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an action employer: women, minorities and encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/ Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position title: Temporary Data Entry Clerk
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Employment Term: Three Months
Reports to: Project Officer- ICT4D-DFSA
Application Deadline: March 25, 2020
Job Summary: As a member of the DFSA MEAL team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Received documents for data entry from DFSA operational woredas and ensure the paper document is organized before and after data entry.
- Travel to the DFSA operational area to ensure completeness and quality of forms and organizing data in the office before actual entry.
- Enter quality data into DFSA MIS systems at the time speedy, conduct routine data cleaning and appropriate update.
- Entering data into database software and check to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted, and continuously update progress on data entry.
- Maintains data entry requirements and procedures of the project MIS system set for all types of digital forms.
- Maintain confidentiality of project data and other information and secures information by completing and synchronizing data to the server.
- Perform other program duties as per the supervisors’ instructions.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of College Diploma or 1st Degree (Social or Natural Science)
- 3 years of relevant experience for a college diploma
- Previous proven experience in data entry and data collection using ICT technologies and data collection platforms.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
How To Apply
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer