About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
|Position Title 1:||Technical Advisor I – MEAL|
|Duty Station:||Ethiopia/Addis Ababa|
|Employment term:||Indefinite period contingent upon funding of the JEOP program|
|Reports to:||Deputy Chief of Party – PQ|
|Application Deadline||December 14, 2019|
You will provide technical advice and support to the JEOP on a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of JEOP Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ MEAL programming is across the globe
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in project management, development, research design, monitoring, and evaluation, or organizational development, public administration, epidemiology.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with a minimum of two to three years of working for programming interventions in multiple countries.
- Minimum of two years of experience with partnership activities and institutional strengthening, preferably with a religious partner.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in monitoring and evaluation. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral
- Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals and knowledge of regulations of major donors.
- Knowledge of and experience with capacity strengthening best practices; experience with capacity building, including training mentoring as well as developing training materials.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks, data collection platforms (e.g. iFormBuilder, KOBO, CommCare), statistical analysis and visualization software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, R, Atlas.TI, NVivo, Power BI, Tableau).
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under the direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with the capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/93363003235549 fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, December 14, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by December 14, 2019, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline Dec 14, 2019
Technical Advisor I - MEAL
Catholic Relief Services is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position: Technical Advisor I - MEAL Category: Development and Project