TCND -Senior Enrollment Lead – UNECA
Economic Commission for Africa(UNECA) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Posting Title:TCND -Senior Enrollment Lead
Department/Office:Economic Commission for Africa
Job Opening Number:22-Economic Commission for Africa-172599-Consultant
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of Service
Work Location:Addis Ababa
Expected duration:The Consultancy is for a period of 6 months starting from the date of the signature of the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
The National Identity (NID) Initiative
The Government of Ethiopia is implementing a digital National ID Program (NIDP) initiative focused on rolling out an identification system that is aligned with international best practices, including the Principles on Identification for Sustainable Development.
Led by the National ID Program and supported by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and Ministry of Innovation and Technology (MInT), NID is a five-year program (2021 – 2026) set to introduce a new nation-wide foundational digital ID that will gradually serve all Identity use-cases in the nation — to offer an inclusive, residence-based and digital identification system, and ultimately support Ethiopia’s digital transformation agenda. The NID initiative will be implemented in various phases, including an initial pilot period, to enable lessons learned and technical iterations prior to a scale-up and nation-wide roll-out throughout Ethiopia. The pilot phase will be complete in the first quarter of 2022, after which transition to the main country roll-out will take place. Technology-wise, an Ethiopian custom-version of the Modular Open-Source Identification Platform (MOSIP) will be used as the ID Management System.
2. Main Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision and Coordination of digital center of excellence, Chief of technology and Innovation Section the consultant will assume the following duties and responsibilities
The Senior Enrollment Lead is a key member of the NID team, and will have the overall responsibility of the National ID registration, integration and data Migration from different government, public and private entities. He will be the primary PoC of all use-cases and their integration thereof. The role requires a good understanding of: â— Biometrics and Device Management
- Device Certification
- ID related Enrollment
- Registration Center Management
- ID Processing and Management
- ID Card Printing and Delivery
- Bio metric based Identity Validation
- Authentication and verification, API integration
- NID milestones
3. Ultimate result of service
The Ethiopian National ID Program is looking for an experienced, passionate, and innovative Senior Enrollment Lead to focus on system availability & performance, overall registration, other registered integration, registered data migration of National ID project and advance the NID initiative, including its ongoing pilot and full scale-up phases.
Academic Qualifications: Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant area is required. A first-level university degree in combination of two additional years of work qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience: A minimum 12 years of experience in infrastructure & enterprise systems deployment related activities coordination and support or experience in direct support of IT Technical Infrastructure components is required.
- Demonstrated experience on integrating a central identification platform with Biometric Kit, ABIS technologies, and ID ecosystem in general is an advantage.
- Proven track record of managing complex technical projects is an advantage.
- Proven experience to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment is an advantage.
- Develops processes and performs activities to ensure consistent, high quality service/support levels and identifies potential problems/trends is an advantage.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting independently as well as demonstrates ability to lead with a focus on teamwork and persistence is an advantage.
- Demonstrates high analytical skills through troubleshooting and maintenance of complex technical environments is an advantage.
- Interacts well with other managers, engineering managers, and project managers is an advantage.
- Ability to translate technical discussions into business terms is an advantage.
- Creates and sustains high level relationships with vendors, providers, and contractors is an asset.
- Familiarity with Agile Project and Program Management Methodologies and experience with relevant tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence is an advantage.
- Familiarity or working experience on international and donor-funded projects is an asset.
- Collaborates with other roles providing or using respective technical solutions is an advantage.
- Experience of managing consolidated data center operations will be an asset.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Application Deadline: 07 February 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 19 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa