TCND – Program Officer, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – UNECA
Economic Commission for Africa(UNECA) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Job Code Title: TCND – Program Officer, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – UNECA
Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Commission for Africa-174544-Individual Contractor
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of Service
The National ID Program is looking for a passionate, and innovative Program Officer to support overall administrations and operations with various regular and special activities and oversee the program’s development
Work Location:Addis Ababa
For a period of 6 months starting from the date of the signature of the contract.
1.Duties and Responsibilities
- The National Identity (NID) Initiative
- The Government of Ethiopia is implementing a digital National ID Program (NIDP) initiative focused on rolling out an identification system that is aligned with international best practices, including the Principles on Identification for Sustainable Development.
- Led by the National ID Program and supported by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and Ministry of Innovation and Technology (MInT), NID is a five-year program (2021 – 2026) set to introduce a new nation-wide foundational digital ID that will gradually serve all Identity use-cases in the nation — to offer an inclusive, residence-based and digital identification system, and ultimately support Ethiopia’s digital transformation agenda. The NID initiative will be implemented in various phases, including an initial pilot period, to enable lessons learned and technical iterations prior to a scale-up and nation-wide roll-out throughout Ethiopia. The pilot phase will be complete in the first quarter of 2022, after which transition to the main country roll-out will take place. Technology-wise, an Ethiopian custom-version of the Modular Open-Source Identification Platform (MOSIP) will be used as the ID Management System.
2. Duties and responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision and Coordination of digital center of excellence, Chief of technology and Innovation Section the individual contractor will
- Assist with overseeing the development of Program activities such as project management, implementation and daily management of activities.
- Maintain project calendar and milestones working with M&E officer and Technical leads
- Provide guidance and maintain frequent communications with program partners for specific issues as directed by Executive Director
- Coordinate, schedule meetings, training and events as requested by the Executive Director, ensure all necessary preparations are made in advance and, as necessary, provide follow-up support c8iGFdl DmW5AY
- Oversee the invitation process for high level meeting participants and speakers, which includes following protocols and ensuring the right officials are looped in
- Proactively alert any potential schedule delays and/or overspending along with recommendations to the Executive Director and/or management team
- Make sure all pre and post training/ meeting documents are submitted to the management team on time
- Oversee staff travel planning and logistical arrangement activities working closely with the Finance team
- Support and facilitate procurement processes. Assist in the selection of vendors by doing quote analysis after market assessments and bid collection.
- Regularly meet with finance team to discuss/update project progress and provide an update to the Senior Technical team members to inform decision-making
Academic Qualifications: High school diploma is required. A first level university degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field in a combination of additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the first level degree.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in coordinating programs, providing administrative, logistical, communication and operational support. Experience working with international organizations and donors is required. Experience in Proficiency in computer packages (e.g. Google Docs, JIRA, Trello, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy fluency in English is required.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply click the following https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1645878412719
Application Deadline: 03 March 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 19 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa