International Rescue Committee – IRC is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title:Supply Chain Manager – Procurement, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia- IRC
- Sector: Supply Chain
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Background: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
- The primary objective of the position is to support the Supply Chain function in developing world-class procurement practices to improve program support.
- It requires the occupant to have a deep understanding of humanitarian supply chains including but not limited to need assessment, sourcing, buying, and expediting procurement
- The success of this role requires close collaboration with field staff, country leadership, program teams, and GSC Quality Assurance. Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Procurement Planning
Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing and analyzing market data and financial reports and monitoring Supply Market to ensuring price quotations and Supplier offers are authentic and reasonable
Develop procurement plans for active grants, in collaboration with program Coordinators/Managers and internal and external partners to support program implementation.
- Ensure program teams develop distribution plan for supplies and assets of closed grants in the warehouses.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff to ensure that there is sufficient spaces in warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure that the supply chain department is well staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job description.
- Implement all IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance to IRC and donors procurement policies
- Work with requester to develop comprehensive purchase specification
- Maintain accurate procurement data and records and ensuring on time procurement reporting
- Review procurement documents before payment
- Lead the bidding process, including Request for quotation process, Request for proposal process, Tender evaluation and facilitating procurement committee functioning
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy
Set negotiation objectives conduct negotiations with potential suppliers to ensure value for money
- Contracting Process
Prepare, review and utilize Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) to ensure favorable Procurement Terms and Conditions
Set key performance indicators and service level agreements for contracts
- Monitor contract implementation to ensure suppliers adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate procurement report(s) to inform decision-making process.
- Implement and sustain segregation duties in procurement and other related functions.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers
- Conduct Supplier performance reviews and feedback process and maintain up to date and accurate supplier performance scorecards
- Develop suppliers for sustainable value adding procurement
- Compliance and Legal
- Conduct procurement due diligence, including ATC check, supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods
- Conduct self-assessments of conformance to supply chain policies, procedures, controls, and performance
- Provide complete documents for audit and implement Corrective and/ or preventive action Plans (CAPA)
- Identify, document and timely report any IRC procurement process deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up. dA4sc1e DmW5B7
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
- Staff Management and Development:
- Support recruitment of procurement staff through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
- Ensure each staff members’ objectives are set following the organizational unit visions as well as operations context(s);
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired procurement staff.
- Assess procurement staff competency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programmer
- Deliver Training and Professional development programmes
- Co-ordinate training and maintain training records
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- In collaboration with the health team, create forecasts and supply planning for pharmaceutical supply for all health projects by project start date.
With the guidance and support from global pharma leadership initiate the supply strategy for the supply of pharmaceuticals (global, regional, national) including freight.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Advanced professional certification in supply chain management and/or emergency response management strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in handling humanitarian supply chain;
- Strong ERP roll out and management skills;
- Confirmed ability to develop and roll-out supply chain policy and SOPs;
- Clear training and mentoring ability;
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under sometimes acute hardship conditions against tight deadlines.
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, HF and VHF radios.
- Ability to lead teams
- Change management
- Risk management
- Decision-making capability
- Cross-Functional collaboration
- Result Focus
- Effective Communication
- Problem-Solving ability
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants to apply please follow this link:https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1648044904132
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: