Supply Chain Assistant- Warehouse – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title:Supply Chain Assistant- Warehouse – DRC
To: Protection Team Leader Start of Contract & Duration: Ten Months (10)
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment Category: I
Reporting To: Supply Chain Manager Start of Contract & Duration: One Year
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, Gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This position will assist in the management of the procurement processes and Asset mgt for DRC operations in Ethiopia and ensures that all procedures and policies are followed according to DRC and donor procedures.
- Responsible for inventory control for all DRC offices per the ERP DRC Dynamic and the support of line manager
- Maintains and updates the Asset Register of all DRC owned Properties & prepare report in a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Records movement of all DRC properties for ease of tracking of whereabouts at any given time;
- Ensure annual physical counting of assets & stock items per DRC Policies & Procedures.
- Facilitate computer and assets and property repair/s maintenance services with agreed maintenance service providers in consultation of IT department.
- Reports any obsolete, damage, loss or missing items;
- Facilitate discarding of unusable asset & stock items in coordination with concerned government partners-based donor & DRC policies.
- support in all logistics and warehousing functions to ensure strict compliance to DRC’s logistics and warehousing procedures, full transparency and timely delivery of quality reports as requested by the programs and other support functions.
- Ensure that DRC warehouses are managed according to DRC warehouse standards and records are kept for audit, c4xapyw DmW5AI
- Assist the supply chain manager and the team in preparation and update of Supplier data base and, maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by DRC
- Scan and Filing all the Supply chain documents in an easy and proper filing system
- Assist in the distribution of bid documents through email as per guidance the line manager.
- Support for transportation of field items – with proper documentation;
- Assist the supply chain team in distribution and collection of RFQs and also procure small procurement under Low Value Order;
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- BA in supply chain management or related field with minimum 2 years working experience
- INGOs experience is more preferable
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets and word, micro soft outlook and ERP
- Good level of written and spoken English
Education (include certificates, licenses, etc.):
- BA Degree SC or related
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes. Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback. Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation. Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly. Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to January 24, 2022.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Deadline: January 24,2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: