The Management Committee of the AU Staff Credit Union is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
- Duty Station:Addis Ababa
- Supervisor :Treasurer
Specifically ,the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties
1. Preparing Financial Reports of the Union in line with the laid down rules and regulation of the union and in conformity with the generally Accepted Accounting Standard and principles.
2.Follow up the preparation of Reconciliation of the current account of the union with AUC’S General Ledger Maintained under account title “Credit Union”
3.Verifying the correctness of the transaction imitated by the staff of the union
4. Repairing the monthly staff payroll and presenting for checking to the treasure and the Vice Chairman of the Union.
5.Validating the loan applications and withdrawal requests emanating from the Members of the union
6.Ensuring that the union’s financial activities are in line with conditions and rules governing the Operations of the union
7.Monitoring the daily performance of the staff and preparing the year end appraisal of each staff for consideration by the Treasure & Vice Chairperson
8.Prepare annual Budget of the Union for approval by the Management Committee
9.Ensure that the monthly Financial Statements are Produced on before 10th day of each month so as to be able to determine the monthly interest rate on the saving accounts of all member’s.
10.Preparing the quarterly notification to regional office for loan deduction and deposits
11.Updating and recording the union’s transactions on excel format in the with guidelines of the union
A)Education and Work Experience
1.Candidates must have a university Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Financial Management or related with 10 years’ relevant work experience out of which 5 years supervision of 5 or more staff.
Masters in Accounting or Business Administration with 5 year’s relevant experience out of which 3 Years’ supervision of 5 or more Staff
2.A Professional qualification such as CIA,CPA,CA ACCA ,CIMA or equivalent from a recognized institution is highly desirable
B)Skills and Competencies required
- Computer literacy and demonstrable skills applications, particularly on Microsoft Office Applications and Familiarity with electronic data processing systems
- Management experience ,excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize and motive others and to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills
- Good Communication and negotiating skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines and works well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to plan ,delegate and direct subordinate
- High level of autonomy at work yet with profound team spirit
- Ability t operate in a multicultural environment
c) Language requirement
Proficiency in one the African Union working languages is a requirement Knowledge of one or more of the other AU Working languages would be added advantage
D)Tenure of Appointment
The appointment shall be for an initial period of three (3) years,of which the first twelve months will be considered as a probationary period .Thereafter ,the Contract will be renewable subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability
E) Gender Mainstreaming
AU Credit Union is an equal Opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Should be forwarded utilizing ”Arial” font 11.5. To apply ,please submit the following
- A motivational letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the AU Staff Credit Union
- A detailed and updated CV ,not exceeding five pages and indicating your nationality ,age and gender
- Three referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work ,furnishing full contact details, telephone ,fax and e-mail addresses
- Certified Copies of all official qualifications