Storekeeper at U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia would like to hire qualified applicant for the following open position.
Storekeeper (Expendable Supply) FSN-06; FP-8
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 62-2016
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Storekeeper (Expendable Supply) FSN-06; FP-8
OPENING DATE: November 9, 2016
CLOSING DATE: November 23, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full time; 44 hours/week
SALARY: Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-8 (Starting salary to be determined by Washington)
Ordinarily Resident (OR): Starting Salary – 9,065 USD per year
(Position Grade: FSN-6)
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for the position of Storekeeper (Expendable Supply) in the General Service Office of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the direct Supervision of the GSO/Property Operations manager the incumbents responsible for operation of Expendable (EXP) Supplies storerooms at the Embassy compound and Embassy Warehouse. Supervision of two LES employees in Directing receipt, storage and issue of expendable property and posts all transactions on computer-based stock control program (ILMS EXP management system); maintain expendable stock control program and lead in the implementation of annual stock inventories; establish and maintain re-order quantities and prepare quarterly replenishment requisitions.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383)
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Supporting documentations (e.g., letters of employment, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above should also be submitted.
- Required Education: College Diploma is required.
- Required Experience: 2 years’ experience in supply warehousing, stock control, or closely related fields required
- Language Requirement: Level 3 (good working knowledge) of English and Amharic is required. (English language proficiency will be tested)
- Knowledge: Rules and regulations regarding property management; what specific models of equipment and vehicles are procured and stocked to be able to stock appropriate supplies; driving regulations; property management and supervisory skills.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to interact with Embassy personnel both FSN’s and American customers. Must have the ability to supervise subordinate staff effectively and without sustained conflict; to set priorities; to closely follow instructions; set, maintain and follow schedules; must be able to prepare stock replenishment requests for GSO approval at least twice per year to maintain required stock levels
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.