Staff Safety and Liaison Officer, Asosa, Ethiopia – NRC
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Identification : 5583
Job Category : Health, Safety and Security
Locations : Assosa
Job Schedule : Full time
- In consultation with area manager, maintain NRC’s relationship with key government institutions, this included attending key bilateral and coordination meeting.
- Create smooth work relationship between the organization and other parties
Implement NRC’s staff safety and security policies at office level
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs
Train staff in safety and security and provide regular briefings and updates
- Immediately report all breaches of safety and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities or assets
- Facilitate staff evacuation in emergency situations
- Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors to gain security information
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition
- Prepare security updates and reports as required
- Advice the area management team on government relations and facilitate meetings and appointment as appropriate.
- government relations
- Facilitate NRC compliance with required regional registration and approval, and maintain a filling system (online and hardcopy as required)
- Support NRC office assessments and start-up
- Represent NRC in legal /court cases when necessary
- Ensure NRC premises’ land/plots are duly registered, and all necessary and legal fees are paid regularly
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Staff Safety Role
- Coordination with the Staff Safety Manager (SSM) and Area Manager (AM) in analyzing and assessing security situation and threats in NRC areas of operation and ensure that appropriate measures are taken for safe operation.
- Be familiar with all existing NRC security and safety documents and tools in place and assist to modify/update existing policies and develop new ones as required
- Monitor local and national news (radio, television and print) and translate appropriate information in daily updates. Inform SSM and AM on issues that may have an effect on NRC security in the region and advise on precautionary measures
Produce regular weekly written reports on the security situation in the field office based on the current information available from other agencies, NRC sub offices, media and other sources.
- In coordination with SSM, ensure regularly updated incident mapping based on gathered information. Map and advise on Go/No-Go areas
Liaise with NRC hired guard service including duty rosters, leaves, payment, scope of work etc.
- In cooperation with the SSM and AM, regularly review the security situation of all NRC premises, evacuation plans, security instructions and any other contingency planning that may be necessary ensure incident reporting is conducted as necessary.
- Includes completion of online incident report form, informing necessary actors and maintaining incident report file, as per NRC format Briefings /orientation of staff: Ensure orientation/induction of new staff/visiting staff is completed on first day of arrival to Assosa
- Ensure that all necessary measures are taken to provide NRC employees with a safe working environment as detailed in existing guidelines, including responsibility of fire regulations, procedures of acceptance of visitor and vehicles to NRC premises, receiving of mail etc.
- Analyze existing policies and procedures and suggest revisions to the SSM where necessary
- Establish a communication system with field staff for tracking national staff movements in the field in collaboration with the SSM and AM. Advise on travel restrictions or precautionary measures
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
Staff Safety Manager
Support Coordinator and Finance Coordinator
APM and all staff
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with law enforcement and security management preferably in humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- First level university degree, preferably in security management, law enforcement or other related social science field
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the area and context in Benishangul Gumuz Region
- Very good communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage
- Experience in organizational representation, coordination and liaison
- Experience in dealing with institutional actors and government authorities
- Technical expertise in security management required
- Report writing and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
How to apply
To apply for the position https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1649244910419
Application Deadline:14 April,2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: