STAFF NURSE-CARDIAC ICU/CARDIAC CATH
Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University
Position (Title): STAFF NURSE-CARDIAC ICU/CARDIAC CATH LAB/CARDIAC SCRUB NURSE
Duration of Work: Permanent
Tentative Start Date: Asap
Required Number of Posts: 10 (Ten)
Duty Station: Tash
A Life-Changing Career!
JOB SUMMARY: The Team member’s number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. Coordinate and assist the provider to ensure quality/cost effective service and care for the people within the cardiac patient population.
The Nurse serves as a leader of the health-care team at Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital (TASH) by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health or supports a peaceful death. The Nurse utilizes best scientific evidence and compassion to assist the patient in navigating their health journey. The Nurse accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
- Qualification: Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Clinical Nursing with at least five years experiences as Senior Nurse Professional and above.
- Experiences: Cardiac ICU, Coronary Care unit, Cardiac Cath-Lab/ Angiography assistance, Cardiac scrub nurse, Telemetry, or Cardiac Step-down unit experience is required. Experience in physician practice environment relevant to cardiac care is a plus License /certification/registration: Senior Nurse professional or above renewed professional license from appropriate region/ government office is required, Training/ certification in ACLS is a plus.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional clinical skills in order to support patients with complex congenital/acquired heart disease.
- Availability to work Monday-Friday, Day / Evening schedule with call rotations.
- Salary: Birr 4725.00 and above based on Experience and renewed professional license. TASH is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment plus an opportunity to pursue their education with a master’s of nursing science with a specialization or concentration in cardiac care.