Site and Settlement Associate – UNHCR
UNHCR is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Site and Settlement Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Shire ,Ethiopia.
Site and Settlement Associate
- Maintain effective coordination mechanisms and tools, including information management and site/camp monitoring with stakeholders, including government counterparts, ensuring timely and effective provision of services.
- Support Site Management colleagues and local authorities in conducting regular site-level coordination meetings – if working with a Site/Camp Management Implementing Partner ensure that partners conduct Site/Camp level coordination meetings – in line with the Principles of Partnership, making sure that participation is inclusive, consultative and results-oriented.
- Establish strong working relationships with all site-level internal and external stakeholders at the corresponding level, including the displaced population and host communities, in order to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
- Continuously monitor at site level the services to aid the supervisor in ensuring that gaps are filled through site-level coordination of response and service delivery.
- Continuously update site-level Emergency Response Plans as needed.
- Contribute to regular and ad-hoc reports with concerned parties in a timely manner.
- Support the setup and continuation of site-level participatory governance.
- Work with the supervisor and UNHCR information management focal points to help develop and update products such as site/camp profiles, site/camp directories, volunteer units mapping, infrastructure mapping, etc.
- Work with UNHCR Program Unit to follow up on PPAs and to provide inputs for reporting against indicators.
- Support the capacity building of relevant authorities and partner agencies in site management.
- Contribute to CCCM mechanisms established by Government, Camp/Site Management Implementing Partners or UNHCR Camp/Site Managers, while making particular emphasis on the meaningful inclusion of the site community groups (women, youth, elderly and persons with specific needs) in decision-making processes; including through governance structures and sectorial focal points identification.
- Establish and/or maintain cohesion and uniformity in the setting up of communication channels, feedback mechanisms.
- In collaboration with partners, implement the delivery of initiatives and specific strategies to improve inter and intra-camp coordination, as well as reduce identified risks.
- Assess inter-camp level needs and identify problems/gaps and report to the supervisor to support timely practical actions to respond to particular problems.
- Assist in adapting relevant policies, guidelines and technical standards to the context of the crisis;
- Ensure that stakeholders are aware of relevant policy guidelines and technical standards and that responses are in line with them and those of the relevant government, human rights and legal obligations.
- Work with national/local authorities, including liaising with relevant government counterparts and ideally, working with them to support or complement existing coordination mechanisms.
- Review impact and progress against implementation plans;
- Support and contribute to reporting and effective information sharing amongst all partners; including but not limited to site managers, other sector leads and national authorities, disaggregating data by sex and age;
- In coordination with Government counterparts, support the strengthening of an effective and transparent coordination system at site/camp levels, including coordination of service provision and other defined site/camp activities.
- Support the National/Local Authorities with the ongoing process of clarifying roles and responsibilities among site/camp stakeholders.
- Support the CCCM sector input to meetings with sectoral and external partners, authorities and other relevant interlocutors.
- Provide inputs to advocacy material for resources and funds.
- Contribute to key messages to the broader multi-sectoral advocacy initiatives.
- Law*; Political Science*; Economics*; International Relations*; Business Administration*; Social Science*;
- 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- CL-Camp Coordination and Camp Management
- CL-Multi-stakeholder Communications with Partners, Government & Community
- PG-Stakeholder management and coordination with Implementing Partners (Gov/NGO/Corporate)
- PR-CCCM Technical Guidelines and Standards
- TR-Training and Capacity Building of large groups and stakeholders.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 24, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 32 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa