Shipping Assistant – UNECA
Economic Commission for Africa(UNECA)is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Closing Date:18 October ,2021
Job Opening Number: 21-Economic Commission for Africa-165125-Individual Contractor
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Shipping Assistant – UNECA
Result of Service
The key results have an impact on the execution of the UNECA shipping Unit services management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach in provision of efficient and high quality shipping services. Decisions made are important in terms of meeting deadlines; ensure provision of efficient and accurate shipping services and projecting professional image of the office
Work Location፡Addis Ababa
9 months (3 months’ total break in between services as per the workload of the Unit)
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective: The Logistic Unit is an integral part of Supply Chain Management Section and is responsible for handling the duty free inbound and outbound shipment for official goods and international staff members PE/HHG and vehicle
The Individual Contractor will assist the shipping Unit team in carrying out several Shipping related activities.
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Shipping Unit Supervisor and the overall direction of the Chief of Section, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Handled all inbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/HHG and vehicle.
- Processing all outbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/HHG and vehicle.
- Maintain duty free privileges according with host country agreement between Ethiopia and United Nations and Staff rules
- Clear and delivery conference equipment and press equipment during for various meeting at UNECA
- Advise and provide explanation on any query raised by international staff members on the duty free privileges for the importation
- of HHG and vehicle.
- Solicit quotations for potential and recognize clearing Agent.
- Management of petty cash
- Assist international staff and local staff members on their PE/HHG at Government Office.
- Arrange note verbal and letter
- organizing and file all inbound and out bound official shipments and International Staff member,
- Drafts a variety of correspondence.
- Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities
- shipped or received; prepares and signs Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Chief of the Section.
Academic Qualifications: High School Diploma is required.
Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of logistics/business administration, preferably Customs clearance process and procedure in the country are an asset.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Excellent English writing ability is a must. Knowledge of French or another official United Nations language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: