The SNINIP Regional State Water & Irrigation Development Bureau – invites to recruit One Senior Procurement Management Specialist to perform the relevant services to rural and urban Water supply & sanitation Project of One WaSH National Program which is financed by Consolidated WaSH Account (CWA).
Position: Senior Procurement Management Specialist (PMS)
- Services employee shall perform (Scope of Activity)
The WaSH Senior Procurement Management Specialist will report to the regional. Program Management Unit and serves as extended arm of the Woredas, Zones &. Towns to perform most of the activities in the regions providing on job and refresher trainings.
- The WaSH Senior PM S will be expected to work at the Bureau level the following:
- Reports to and work closely with PMU Gets Acquainted with WSSP Project legal documents; the PAD & DFA
- Review and gets acquainted with WSSP Project implementation documents, The PIM manuals, region specific implementation plans.
- Plan and prepare tender documents, actively participate in evaluation process, as per the WaSH guidelines (Service, Works and Goods). Prepare contract documents and manage contract administration works
- Review the standard procurement procedures and provided inputs for updating and enriching the documents.
- Review the procurement man al, prepare training Materials and provide training for procurement staff in the regions on the application of the manual and standard procurement documents.
- Review adequacy of the number and qualification of the regions procurement staff recommend action and closely work with procurement staff at the ministry and regional levels.
- Review the standard procurement documents prepared for the project ensure the appropriate use of them by the implementing agencies and provide inputs for updating and enriching the document.
- Ensure that the program procurement plans and regional procurement plans are updated and maintained
- Visit selected woredas and towns to check procurement procedures and provide input for the implement of PIM.
- Provide input to the PMU quarterly report on procurement issues
- Ensure the proper integration of the procurement information into the overall program monitoring and Evaluation system
- Provide assistance to the independent Auditors in reviewing procurement activities at the woreda and Town levels.
- Place of Work: SNNPR Water and Irrigation Development Bureau, WaSH Program Management Unit, Hawassa
- Required Qualification:
- Educational Background M. Sc. I B.Sc. or M.A/B.A in Engineering, Management, Economics or other related field of Study.
- Required Experience: M.ScIMA and 8 years or B. BA and 10 years of relevant experience
- Salary: 13,000 Eth Birr/ months
Duration: One Year with possible extension