UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants the following open position
Senior Operations Associate, GS-7, Temporary Position, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia#00119601
Duration of contract :364 days
Job no: 549316
Position Type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Ethiopia Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair Chance
UNICEF has been present in Ethiopia for 65 years and its history is closely tied to Ethiopia’s gradual transformation into a modern economy with strong aspirations for middle income status by 2025.
UNICEF works to support national efforts to ensure the realization of the rights of children and women through improved child survival, development and protection. Over the past six decades UNICEF has established strong relations with the government of Ethiopia, bi-laterals, donors, development partners and civil society.
How can you make a difference?
The objective of this temporary post is to provide operational and administrative support to the Deputy Representative Operations while the current incumbent is undertaking a new role retaining a lien on this position.
- Provide operational support in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the cross sectorial and institutional budgets, prepares detailed cost estimates and periodic monitoring reports, create FCs, review open commitments and follow up with the respective Units & Regions on fund utilization.
- Receive, review, prioritize, research, analyze and provide relevant background information and data, and process actions of routine nature for approval. Coordinate cross cutting operations related issues with other operations sections and field offices, monitor and follow-up actions
- Prepare, at own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations, and justifications, as required, on general and administrative issues within assigned area of responsibility. Collect data and information and prepare operational management indicator reports for the CO.
- Organize internal operational management meetings, takes minutes and distribute to meeting participants. Trigger, monitor, and follow-up actions required from individuals until closure and within time frame.
- Maintains and update operational, policy, management confidential files and collect data and information and prepare operational management indicator reports for the CO.
- Organize and priorities supervisor’s appointments, and maintains calendar and work schedules, screen visitors and calls and respond to queries with discretion.
- Searches from the intranet, SharePoint, office files and records documents relating to a variety of topics for information and references.
- Makes travel arrangements for the operations unit team members and performs liaison duties with other units. dAuryuR DmW5Bz
- Maintain lists of names, addresses and telephone contacts of key government officials, members of the diplomatic corps, UN System and UNICEF offices in the region and operational section in HQ to qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education with college training at diploma level in administration or management; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages. Knowledge of finance is a distinct asset.
- Seven years of progressively responsible administrative or in junior management and operational functions, of which at least five years were related to service with senior officials.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken is a must. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
How to apply
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check..To apply click the following link
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Mar 21 2022 E. Africa Standard Time Application close: Apr 03 2022 E. Africa Standard Time
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: