Senior Import and Procurement Officer
Wilcom Trading is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title: Senior Import and Procurement Officer
Sector: Purchasing/Supply Management
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
- This position is responsible for the coordination and management of Imports and logistics associated with import activities across the company. The main objective of the position responsible for importing all material and equipment inputs developing sourcing strategies for key inputs, and coordinating logistics. he/she will be responsible for tendering processes and administration of contracts in accordance with policies, procedures, and specified contract requirements of the company.
Detailed Tasks and responsibilities
Procurement and Importing
• Manage request and purchasing process across the organization
• Manage database of requested purchases
• Applying for an import permits at appropriate government offices.
• Follow up on Purchasing insurance, typing permit, getting bank permit.
• Getting a release letter and prepare to inspect imported goods
• Follow up on Submission of shipping documents and others to transistor
• Follow up status of the transistor on clearing goods in all stages (inspection, phase office, duty, assessment, finance, investment, check, warehouse charge)
• Receive all imported goods from customs and Facilitate logistics to deliver goods to user department
• Follow up on getting duty free privilege for capital goods import and accessories, follow up franco valuta imports.
• Ensure proper authorization of all requested materials as per the budget
• Verify that all materials purchased are of the requested quality and specifications
• Negotiate cost savings and discounts from suppliers
• Manage import process for required inputs to minimize costs and reduce lead time
• Preparation of reports and presentations to procurement manager as required and assign duties, tasks, and coaches to subordinates and review their work.
• Clearing imports at National Bank of Ethiopia on time before getting on the delinquency list
• Processing and follow up at MOA to register medicines, premix, and vaccines and follow up on renewals of the certificate of competence.
• Other duties as required.
• Identify opportunities to shorten the lead time for orders.
• Ensure safe and reliable transport of all imports, including the purchase of insurance as applicable.
• Identify opportunities for cost-savings based on transport quantities, and backhaul opportunities.
Salary & Benefit
Will not be a problem for the right candidate
- Education: BA in Procurement /supply Management /Business Management or related fields.
- Experience: 5 Years of experience in similar roles
- Skills: Basic computer skill, Driving License, Good communication skill
- Education Level : Bachelor’s
- Experience : 3-5 years
Req. No: 1
Place of Work ፦ Addis Ababa
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Import and Procurement Officer| Wilcom Trading) to email@example.com before 12th October 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted
Deadline: October 12,2020