Senior Finance Associate – UNICEF
UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants the following open position.
Senior Finance Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
Senior Finance Associate
- Facilitate the execution of HACT activities undertaken by external service providers through scheduling, arranging briefings and related administrative needs to ensure service providers have appropriate and comprehensive information for effective and efficient completion of assignments.
- Together with other colleagues, undertake spot checks of implementing partners to verify correct utilization of UNICEF Funds.
- Provide support in and assist with the preparation and regular updating of SFO micro assessment and assurance plans.
- Together with the HACT team colleagues, undertake spot checks of implementing partners to gain knowledge and experience.
- Assist with maintenance of records of relevant HACT related documentation and uploading on E. tool on timely manner.
- Provide support in discussions, collection, analysis, verification, and synthesis of HACT related information/documentation to gain good knowledge of HACT and programme planning and implementation.
- Conduct simplified checklist assessments for implementing partners receiving less than $100,000 per/year.
- Support to review and monitor performance of HACT activities indicators.
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organizations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self-determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance S&BC outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
- Conduct spot checks and support during action point closure.
- Conduct Spot checks through reviewing financial records of partner to obtain reasonable assurance that amounts reported by partners on the FACE Form are accurate.
- Spot checks are performed in the office of partners where financial records are kept
- Discuss high risk observations from spot checks and other assurance activities with Chiefs of Section and Chiefs of Field Office
- Ensure the spot check tracker is updated monthly and shared with CFO/programme staff for follow up actions
prepare correspondence for Partnerships and HACT assurance activities (Spot check, Audit and Micro assessment) to partners (CSOs and Government), ensuring filing of those correspondences for follows -up with other sections as well as Implementing partners.
- Follow up of high risk and unresolved open items from prior spot checks and audits for closure Share the draft spot check report with responsible Programme Specialist/Officer for review and to provide any comments or inputs for finalization.
- Completion of Secondary Education, preferably supplemented by technical university education in Business Administration, Financial Management, Auditing, or another relevant field is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in financial management, accounting, quality assurance, audit, Programme/project support.
- Previous experience on HACT is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 15, October , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: