International Organization for Migration – IOM is looking for a qualified candidate for its open position of Senior Finance Assistant
|Position Title||Senior Finance Assistant|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Application Time||Oct 25, 2017 – Nov 08, 2017|
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Representative to AU, UNECA and IGAD, the direct supervision of the Mixed Migration Program Coordinator and the overall guidance of Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Addis Ababa, the incumbent will be responsible for the regional Mixed Migration Programme financial duties, and serve as focal point for all financial transactions and reporting of the program.
The successful candidate will specifically undertake:
- Act as focal point for all financial transactions and reporting of the regional Mixed Migration Programme.
- Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with donors requirements and established IOM procedures.
- Prepare supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) by extracting information and generating expenditure reports with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals. Provide backstopping support in administration and finance activities to mission projects and to sub-offices in the mission when required
- Establish payment and receipt vouchers according to standard procedures of the Organization. Process and verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers.
- Generate budget for the office and sub-offices as necessary.
- Process payments on time, based on authorized claims or invoices in line with IOM travel regulations, and other relevant regulations and instructions. Ensure that claims, invoices and payment vouchers are complete including supporting documentation and authorizations before releasing payments.
- Prepare VAT reimbursement requests and follow-up with Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority (ERCA) for timely refund.
- Prepare and send Financial Expenditure report/Invoice to JVA and ensure that all outstanding invoices are claimed and reimbursed.
- To post all cash and cheque payments and collections into PRISM (IOM’s SAP accounting system) and reconciling ledgers with bank transactions. Prepare bank and cash reconciliations.
- Responsible for regular review of Debtors/Creditors accounts, initiate follow up messages for outstanding cases and provide timely feedback to the RMO.
- Verification of accuracy of input data and ensuring consistency of data.
- Maintain the filing system of all vouchers, financial, administrative and office documents including the files of IOM General Instructions, General Bulletins, Accounting Instructions, as well as for Instructions or Memoranda issued locally.
- Provide procedural and technical support and advice to the programme.
- Perform any other related duty as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting or related fields.
· Eight years of experience (or Six years of experience for candidates with a masters university degree) of progressive responsible experience an accountant or in financial management.
· Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Experience using ERP accounting systems/SAP a distinct advantage. Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures an advantage.
· Good communication and writing skills. Strong analytical skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking. Maturity of judgment, ability to focus on tasks at hand, flexibility.
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required. Knowledge on other local languages is advantageous.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)