Senior Environmental Health Officer – IRC
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Senior Environmental Health Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Senior Environmental Health Officer
- Coordinate with the relevant government partners and communities to identify WASH needs of communities
- Monitor & supervise water supply systems structures construction which include spring development, pumping stations, service reservoir, public tap stands, pipe laying of pressure mains & distribution networks etc;
- Ensure that EH projects are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to design specifications and performance indicators and in line with donor requirements and beneficiary needs.
- Ensure accurate documentation of EH activities and experiences at field and office level.
- Maintain close contact with Assistant Environmental Health Coordinator within the IRC field sites to ensure effective technical, logistical and management support for all aspects of project implementation.
- Conduct regular monitoring and technical support visits to project sites.
- Conduct needs assessments, project review assessments.
- Coordinate with HEALTH sector to conduct Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) assessments in health facilities, with Hygiene Promotion Specialist, Senior MEAL Manager and other technical unit members to ensure targeted support and effective, quality programming.
- Maintain a regular system of project progress monitoring and evaluation.
- Strive to increase program quality during project f implementation. Develop/maintain systems to measure impact and quality in assigned projects.
- Liaise with IRC Administration, Logistics, and Finance Departments to ensure smooth operations and appropriate support to field staff.
- Raise and follow up on purchase requests, conduct equipment and materials inspections and ensure timely supply of materials to site.
- Develop and maintain tools to supervise project progress, financial commitments, and expenditures against budgets.
- Maintain budget plans & monitor spending for allocated EH budgets.
- University degree in civil, water resource, environmental engineering, or other related fields.
- Confirmed experience in construction /WASH facility design, construction monitoring and contract management.
- Confirmed experience on construction and water system design software and Aids; EPANET, AutoCAD, Google Earth and Global Mapper.
- experience in a humanitarian setting (refugee camps, rural development, or emergency response).
- proficient in Windows, MS office programs, email, and database tools.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multifaceted, cross-functional distributed team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Confirmed skill to work effectively with partners at all levels
- Ability to lead and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/37085
Deadline: 31, January , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 57 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa