Senior Communication Officer
Selam Childern’s Village is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
- Place of Work:Addis Ababa
- Carrer Level:Senior Level(More than 6/8 years’ experience)
- Report to:Planning, Monitoring ,Evaluation and Communication Director
Senior Communication Officer
- Communication Constitute an important core part of the development and humanitarian work. Communication is a tool to keep relevant stakeholders in country and beyond ,informed on and engaged in the activities undertaken and also in promoting activities the organization would like to carry out in Ethiopia ,therefore the communication officer will
- Manage internal and external communications and visibility of SCG’S interventions in country
- Be responsible for designing and delivering a range of communications products ,including fact sheets ,briefing materials ,program ,success stories ,photos and videos ,interview with beneficiaries ,blog posts.
- Closely work with mainstream media (TV Channels ,National and FM Radios ,News Paper, Magazines ,and re-know Social Medias) to enhance the visibility of the organizations
- Manage and feed the organizations web site, social media accounts: Facebook, youtube, Linkedin and Twitter
- Contribute to develop communication strategy for the organization
- Develop and maintain a communication strategy for the Organization
- Train and Coach program staff on external Communications and on how to spot and share relevant information ,gather data,and human-interest stories from their work convey the interventions success and impact on people’s lives.
- Organize events, workshops, training ,high level visits ,forums and write minutes
- Support proposal development through write-ups and review s
- Cary out other tasks given by the supervisor
- MA or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field(Journalism ,International relation, Media and Communications, Social Sciences, Humanitarian Affairs etc)
- Work experience in Communications, Social Sciences ,Humanitarian affairs ,etc.)and 6/8 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in producing public relations and/or visibility materials in different media
- Understanding of the development and humanitarian contexts in Ethiopia
- Experience with social accounts and blogs highly desirable
- Practice in conducting training and workshops would be an asset
Besides commanding one or two national languages ,Fluency in spoken and written English is a Must
- Strong written communication and editing skills (Including creative writing) with the ability to make complex information and data accessible to the non-expert
- Computer literacy :proficiency in MS Word, Ms Power Point ,and MS publishing or other publishing software required.
- Experience Graphic design/layout fro publication Desirable
- Familiarity with photography ,Videography and script-writing would be on asset
- Must be cultural and gender -sensitive both in personal interactions and communication
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending a letter of application, updated CV and supporting documents through email@example.com or in person to:SCV Head Office Resource Management /HR ,Kotebe ,Near Hana Mariam Church
NB:Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: