International Labour Organization (ILO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title:Senior Communication & Information Management Assistant, Addis Ababa- ILO
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO ETHIOPIAN NATIONALS ONLY
Vacancy no: RB/ADDIS ABABA/GS/2022/01
Job ID: 7388
Organization Unit: CO-Addis Ababa
Location: Addis Ababa
Contract type: Fixed Term
The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to local recruitment regulations and Article 4.3 of the ILO Staff Regulations.
The following are eligible to apply:
ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
The ILO Country Office for Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan, and for the Special Representative to the AU and the ECA, based in Addis Ababa, implements its programmes and activities in close partnership with the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, in particular with its technical line, the Ministry of Women and Social Affairs (MoWSA), the employers’ and workers’ organizations. The implementation of its activities and programmes are in support of the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP), agreed by the tripartite partners. DWCP is fully aligned with the Country’s development goals, articulated in its five-year Growth and Transformation Plan and the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) of Ethiopia. In this context, the ILO CO-Addis Ababa seeks to recruit a Senior Human Resource Assistant to provide HR services to all staff in the five countries under the CO-Addis Ababa.
This position is located in the ILO Country Office for Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan (CO-Addis Ababa), Ethiopia.
- As a team member, the incumbent provides senior level communication and information management support and is responsible for performing, completing and/or overseeing specialized support services. The incumbent works in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner to support promotion, advocacy, media relations, events management, research, publication, documentation and information management activities in compliance with ILO communication strategies at national, and/or regional and global levels. The incumbent ensures the correct application of communication and information management rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. The incumbent evaluates and provides inputs into the design and development of improved communication and information management services and delivery processes.
- The position works under the supervision of the Director of CO – Addis Ababa. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery, ensuring that agreed results are achieved and that work is coordinated and integrated with related services. Work assignments are generally carried out under minimum supervision with the incumbent operating with a high degree of independence, particularly on operational delivery matters. Work is reviewed for feasibility of recommendations and correctness of end results.
Internal contacts are with staff and managers in field offices, project locations and headquarters to collaborate on assignments, provide support and guidance for the resolution of complex issues in compliance with applicable standards. Contacts are also to coordinate activities with other units for the delivery of interrelated services. The incumbent regularly liaises with and seeks and receives guidance from the regional communication unit and the information management services at headquarters.
External contacts are primarily with the media, general public, academic institutions, service providers, and counterparts in United Nations (UN) agencies and other international organizations to share information on ILO activities, coordinate and follow up on pending issues and the production of communication and information products, and contribute to resolving complex communication-related matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake and complete specialized support services in a range of communication and information management areas encompassing promotion, advocacy, media relations, events management, research, publication, documentation and information management activities. Assist senior management with the internal communications in the Office.
- Keep up to date with ILO world of work themes and national and regional priorities.
- Identify communication and information management needs and discuss requirements for specific assignments with staff and managers. Provide support for the design and development of communication and information products to best reflect key messages and target different audiences.
- Develop, by compiling information from a range of different sources and/or review communication and information products, verifying accuracy of information and ensuring correct layout and design in compliance with applicable standards. c4xbHWM DmW5AI
Conduct media reviews and searches for information to identify news on relevant ILO subjects. Disseminate within the Office and to the Regional Office, HQ and other concerned parties as appropriate.
Provide documentation services and ensure the maintenance and update of webpages, databases and web content management systems, classifying information and ensuring consistency and compliance with applicable standards. Develop and update a media contacts/distribution list.
Compile statistics and analyse data and information on web page, social media and other communication and information management-related activities.
Identify opportunities to promote key messages to diverse audiences, including the media and assist in the planning and organization of meetings, campaigns and other events.
Keep abreast of changes to communication and information management-related techniques, tools, standards, guidelines and best practices and provide guidance and deliver training to staff with a view to building knowledge. Oversee and guide the work of support staff performing communication and information management-related work as required.
Evaluate and propose improvements to work methods and processes. Assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions. Liaise closely with other administrative areas to ensure effective and smooth service design and delivery, recommending improvements on interrelated processes.
Respond to requests for information. Maintain the Office documentation centre and ensure the efficient filing, retrieval and organization of materials, as required.
Attend and participate in internal and/or UN committees and working groups.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
optional section (only if needed)
- Completion of secondary school education. Training in a communication or information management-related area.
- Minimum of six years of office support work experience, the majority of which relates to communication or information management support services.
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of Amharic.
- Knowledge and Competencies (technical/behavioral)
- Good knowledge of communication and/or information management techniques
- Good knowledge of multimedia techniques and platforms.
- Good knowledge of producing and using multimedia products.
- Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of planning and organizing events.
- Knowledge and understanding of the substantive nature of ILO programmes and activities.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for assessing quality and efficiency of process execution.
- In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires: Ability to interpret and work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems including for updating websites, desktop publishing, graphic design.
- Ability to code and classify information in accordance with standards.
- Ability to tailor communications for specific audiences.
- Ability to search for and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- Drafting and web writing/editing skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and skills in the design, layout and formatting documents.
- Ability to coordinate the work of support staff.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position can also be offered to be assigned on another temporary position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possesses the minimum qualifications for this position.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Closing Date:January 31 ,2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: