Senior Agronomy Advisor – TechnoServe
TechnoServe is looking for qualified applicants the following open position.
Senior Agronomy Advisor
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Bule Hora, Ethiopia.
Senior Agronomy Advisor
- Supervise a team of Agronomy Advisors and Farmer Trainers through work planning, coaching, technical support, feedback, and personal development activities related to work performance improvement.
- Provide support with key program start up activities such as:
- Identification, selection and sign up of project beneficiary clients (cooperatives).
- Sensitization of the leadership and membership of the cooperatives on project objectives and requirements.
- Registration of farmers into the Coffee Farm College, formation of focal farmer groups and identification of focal farmers and demonstration plots.
- Recruitment, training, selection and deployment of Farmer Trainers.
- Conducting base line surveys, spot checks and back checks as necessary.
- Ensure that the Coffee Farm College and other trainings are delivered according to the annual training program agreed with the Regional Senior Agronomy Manager farmers:
- Oversee that Farmer Trainers deliver trainings according to calendars agreed with focal farmer groups.
- Arrange and lead the monthly training of Farmer Trainers.
- Ensure that demonstration plots built during trainings are established and maintained correctly.
- Liaise with cooperatives leadership to keep them abreast of the progress of the training program.
- Support the development and review of various technical materials such as lesson plans, data collection tools, fact sheets, program progress reports and farmers’ stories.
- Provide support as may be required directly or through the agronomy staff to monitoring and evaluation activities:
- Ensure that accurate Attendance Sheets are submitted for all monthly trainings within the framework agreed with the M & E Manager.
- On weekly basis, monitor the PIMA (an internal field activities monitoring tool): attendance light, Training observation, demo plots observations and visits dashboards, summarize and share feedback with respective Agronomy Advisors and Farmer Trainers
- Participate in the design and conduct, as may be necessary, of surveys and other data collection activities. This includes testing of surveys and monitoring tools
- Support the Program’s continuous interaction with relevant stakeholders such as local government officers and coffee service providers (exporters, cooperatives, private mill owners and other local relevant institutions).
- Support administrative activities such as staff performance appraisals, approval of field expenses of direct reports, leave planning for staff.
- Implement and manage agronomy budget for the area
- Prepare monthly agronomy budget and submit to area finance office
- Timely submission of all internal reporting requirements.
- Collect expense receipts from BAs and FTs including accommodation and transport costs and prepare necessary paperwork for payment. Ensure all original receipts are submitted to the main office finance team on timely basis
- Any other duties assigned by Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Agriculture, Environmental or Natural Sciences, Business, or Economics.
- At least five years for BA or three years for Masters professional work experience, ideally in the private sector, in one or more of the following areas: coffee processing or agronomy, SMEs development, project or business management.
- Well-developed computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning skills and experience working to deliver quality work outputs within strict time lines.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Well-developed leadership ability combined with excellent communication skills.
- Strong oral & written presentation skills in English, Amharic.
- Knowledge and Ability to speak and write Afan Oromo is a must requirement.
- Willingness to spend time working and travelling in project sites located rural areas, mainly woredas in West Guji.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 20, November , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: