Senior Admin Assistant, Asosa, Ethiopia – UNHCR
UNHCR is looking for qualified and competent applicant for the following position:
Job Title:Senior Admin Assistant, Asosa, Ethiopia – UNHCR
Eligible Applicants: This position is advertised open to Group 1, Group 2, if applicable, and external applicants.
Duties and Qualifications: Senior Administrative Assistant
- Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the office where the position is located. The Senior Administrative Assistant normally has no direct supervisory functions though it rests upon the supervisor of the post to make time specific arrangements subject to a given situation. The incumbent will always function under direct supervision of a Senior Officer often Administrative Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he may liaise with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Attend meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records.
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents. c781BVp DmW5DN
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential.
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Assist the management to organised and run UNHCR Office and Residential (wherever applicable) compounds.
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer.
- Assist in processing MIP and various other claims by UNHCR staff and other clients of UNHCR.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Qualifications Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Field(s) of Education not specified (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Certificates and/or Licenses Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field. (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Relevant Job Experience Essential Not specified
- Desirable Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Functional Skills *IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) *IT-Computer Literacy UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Language Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
- As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
- This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Position Competencies: Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
An eliminatory or complementary written test for shortlisted candidates may be conducted which will be followed by competency-based interview.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB:Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be nationals of the country and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following
Closing Date:03 March 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 32 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa