Driver (Roster Applicants), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – UNHCR
UNHCR is looking for qualified and competent applicant for the following position:
Job Title: Driver (Roster Applicants), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – UNHCR
Duties and Qualifications
- Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Driver in the UNHCR Office is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate/Assistant or another staff member when the scale of the Operation so require it. Besides driving, the incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
- The Driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR Office and with others (including Partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
- Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards. c8YMWv4 DmW5AS
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level For G2D – 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses *Driving Licences; (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience Essential Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations. Desirable Not specified.
Functional Skills * DV-Driving Rules and Regulations DV – Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills; (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Language Requirements: For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
Position Competencies: Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- An Eliminatory or Complementary written test may be conducted to shortlisted candidates.
- Drivers’ Practical Test will be conducted followed by a competency-based interview.
- This is a call for applications to be considered for ‘Driver’s Roster’ (A Pool of Drivers).
- Temporary Assignment will be to various locations in Ethiopia.
- Computer Literacy is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following
Closing Date:03 March 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 32 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa