Senior Accountant – NGO Job
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
The Sr. Accountant will provide overall financial management supports to Eliminate Tuberculosis form Ethiopia (ETBE) project office in ensuring all financial transactions are in compliance with MSH financial policies and procedures. He/she ensures that all payments/disbursements, accounting and financial records are maintained in accordance with MSH policies and donor (USAID) rules and regulations. He/she makes sure that all government taxes and other obligations are deducted and paid on time.
- Oversee the overall financial activities in the project to ensure activities are in compliance with MSH policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, and statutory obligations.
- Prepare payment vouchers, cash receipts vouchers and journal vouchers in accordance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure all transactions have the necessary approval, are accurately coded and charged to the right expenditure type, with appropriate documentation, and recorded in to the QuickBooks database.
- Prepare and submit bank account reconciliations to MSH Country and Regional office on a monthly-basis as appropriate.
- Liaise with regional manager and regional accountants for timely preparation and submission of monthly regional fund request.
- Follow the timely settlement of outstanding work and staff advances and prepare aging analysis report and submit to MSH Country and Regional Offices on a monthly basis as appropriate. Prepare check payments, bank transfer and bank letter in the name of authorized payees/vendors as necessary.
- Facilitate the online and internet banking payments.
- Review petty cash payments and replenishment requests to ensure they are in line with MSH Ethiopia Petty cash policies.
- Assist the issuance and administration of local sub-awards and fixed obligation grants.
- Review sub contract invoices before payment and insure maintenance of proper documentation of all sub contract documents and communication.
- Prepare monthly payroll and benefits, process timely payment based on MSH and Government applicable policies as appropriate.
- Assist monthly financial closing, preparation of monthly financial reports, and any communications with the regional office and HQ finance.
- Effect workshop, training or similar event payments as necessary in accordance with MSH Ethiopia workshop administration policy and procedures.
- Provide preparation of provident fund and government payables (such as withholding tax, income tax, and pension) and make sure that such payables are paid to the appropriate authority on time.
- Compile monthly VAT claims for refund submission.
- Assist the preparation and smooth conduct of internal and external audit.
- Perform other duties which are in line with the scope of the position as assigned by his/her supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business management, or related field from a recognized university.
- A minimum of six years of experience in international organization.
- Previous experience in USAID funded project of similar nature, and good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience working on local and international sub grant management is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and able to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- English and local language fluency including business terminology required.
- Good computer skill in Microsoft office suite application, and familiar with QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can apply for this position on the MSH website by clicking Here or Apply For This Job below
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.