Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
With the fund obtained from European Commission, the Enhancing Job Opportunities and Employability for Youth and Women (EnJOY) Project will be implemented in two woredas of Oromia Regional National States by Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission through its branch office at Nekemte. For the implementation of the above described project ECCSDCO would like to recruit the following lists of human power.
Job Title: Secretary / Cashier
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Nekemte
Salary: As per the scale of the organization
JOB PURPOSE: The Secretary Cashier is to assist Project Management, Field Personnel and Accounting Management to ensure invoicing on project is handled in an accurate, efficient and professional manner.
REPORTING LINES: The Secretary / Cashier will report to Filed Office Project Coordinator.
- Provide support the staff in all hardware, software, and communication.
- Assist program staff as needed in the planning and implementation of events, trainings, workshops, review meetings and seminars including organizing logistics and travel arrangements, hotel reservation, ensuring the delivery of invitations…. etc
- Ensure that training and participant information is collected for each event including attendance sheet.
- Receive, screen, log and route all program related correspondence and maintain an effective follow up system.
- Assist in coordinating external and internal meetings; including the recording of minutes and/or trucking action points and assist project team in compiling report and follow up on implementation of meeting deliberations.
- Maintain up-to date lists of names and addresses of partner organizations, officials and personnel’s of relevant government partners.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and other partner organization
- Properly documenting letters (incoming, outgoing)
- Administering and controlling use of approved budget for the project.
- Carrying out budget utilization comparison periodically as per the directives and controlling expenditures against budget.
- Checking appropriateness of requests for payment before passing for approval.
- Preparing payment vouchers for approval of concerned official.
- Coding transaction documents and recording entries in proper accounts.
- Administering petty cash and effects authorized payments
- Keeping record of amounts received and paid, reconciles cash at hand with recorded balance.
- Facilitating the auditing of accounts by internal and external auditors.
- Follow up of daily cash position.
- Respect for ECC-SDCO Code of Conduct and its Human Resource Management Policy
- Other duties as assigned by the by the project field Coordinator and the project management team
- BA Degree in Accounting, Secretary Services or Management with at least 2 years experiences in NGOs;
- Excellent micro-soft office skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible pro-active starter
- Ability to work well as an individual and in a team
- Ability to manage an unpredictable workload in a challenging environment
- Belief in Ethiopian Catholic Church Mission and Vision
How To Apply:
Contact Address: Addis Ababa: Tel 01 11573675/0911726096 and Nekemte: 0576611527/0936008901