VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: SAP IT Technician
1. Post Job Title: SAP SupportTechnician
Department: Department for Administration and Human Resources Management
Supervisor: SAP Administrator – MIS Division
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2. Job Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the SAP Administrator, the incumbent will be responsible for:- Providing support, installing, maintaining, and Configuring SAP GUI, SAP NetWeaver Business Client, MKInsight Audit software, Open Text Enterprise Client Software and all other SAP related applications. Providing Level-I support to of Employee Self Service, Managerial Self service, Human Resource, Material Management, Finance, Workflow, related issues to AUC staffs.
3. Major duties and responsibilities:
- Install and Configure SAP GUI, SAP NetWeaver Business Client, MKInsight Audit software, Open Text Enterprise Client Software on Staffs’ client computers.Assisting all AUC staffs on SAP Account Management such as Password renew/unlock request, Reset SAP Password, Unlock user Password
- Assisting all AUC staff members on material management (MM) module issues such as Travel Request, Purchase Requisition- None staff travel request, fixed asset, non-stock items, Purchase Order and Release strategy/Approval.
- Assisting all AUC Staff members On (HR) Related Problems module issues such as Leave request, Appraisal, Salary statement, Learning Solution (LSO), General ESS/MSS related errors and problems, Assist Managers for SAP Approvals, Leave request, Appraisal, and Purchase Requisitions.
- Identify and fix SAP common problems such as HR Info type errors, Budget code case, Role assignment and authorization.
- Facilitating and follow-up IMISMIS Training environment, make sure all necessary training material ready, check the computers and network connection in training room, setting up projector, assisting SAP end user trainees the training session.
- Serve any mission or assignment as directed by the Office In Charge, ERP and Application Unit.Carry any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by his superiors.
4. QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Candidate must have a university diploma in information Technology or related field.
- A Bachelor University Degree will be added advantage.
- Candidates must also have SAP professional Certification in SAP GUI and NetWeaver Business Client application or related Qualification.
- Have five years experience in troubleshooting and supporting to SAP problems.
- Have five years experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting SAP GUI and NWBC client application.Have hands on knowledge of core business process integrated with SAP ERP system such as Purchase order, Purchase Requisition, Account payable/Receivable, Performance appraisal, Workflow, Travel request, Leave request, etc.
- Be able portray team work with colleagues
- Show a high level of professionalism, creativity and dedication.
5. LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT:
Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Knowledge of one or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
6. TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointmentwill be made on a fixed-term contract for a period of One (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract could be renewable subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability.
7. GENDER MAINSTREAMING:
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum ofUS$ 50,148.39inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, andUS$21,354.35inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made through the AUC E-recruitment Website http://www.aucareers.orgnot later than10 March 2014.
Directorate of Administration and Human Resource Management African Union Commission Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)