Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Identification : 5451
Job Category : Advocacy
Locations : Addis Ababa – Adika 2
Degree Level : Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule : Full time
Position: Risk and Compliance Coordinator
Reports to: Country Director
Duty station: Addis Ababa
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The employee is personally responsible for ensuring access to documents, including NRC handbooks and guidelines on the intranet and any other information necessary to the post.
Role and responsibilities
The Risk and Compliance Coordinator is responsible for supporting the CO’s efforts to effectively manage risks; promoting a risk management culture within the CO, for supporting the Country Director (CD) in ensuring the CO’s compliance within high-risk areas and with regulations not specific to a given function (i.e. SSD, COTER, sanctions); and responding to any issues or questions that arise relating to the CO’s work on PSEA, DPR, legal and Code of Conduct.
- Support the CD and the CMG by ensuring:
- That risks in the CO’s operations are identified, assessed and controlled effectively; and
CO’s compliance within high-risk areas/issues, by:
- identifying such high-risk areas/issues;
conducting regular compliance checks on the said areas/issues (e.g. spot checks);
reporting regularly to the CD and the CMG on compliance issues ;
- and Support in implementing compliance improvement measures throughout the CO.
- Support the CO with maintaining and updating all risk management and compliance related to CO registers, namely the CO Risk Register, Waiver Register,
- Recommendations Tracker and Standards Operating Procedures (SOP) Register.
- Support in-country function leaders (Head of Support, Area Managers, Head of Programmes, Health Safety and Security Manager) with implementing compliance improvement measures related to high-risk areas/issues.
- Support function leaders in the CO with ensuring that all SOPs in the CO are aligned with policies and regulations not related to a specific function, are coherent with other
- SOPs throughout the CO and NRC and follow basic quality principles.
- Support the CO’s focal point for audits in the coordination of the work among the different CO’s sections/units to respond to external audits initiated by institutional donors and to facilitate the follow up of these audits’ recommendations.
- Provide training and support to CO staff on the following: i) Areas of expertise held by the R&C function at HO (Risk management, compliance, Anti-corruption, Data Protection, Code of Conduct, legal and complaints management) and ii) compliance with regulations not specific to a given function (i.e. SSD, COTER, sanctions).
- Contribute to the development of NRC’s risk management framework by documenting lessons learned and best practices in the CO.
- Ensure that corruption risk mapping is conducted annually across all offices and all mitigation are being followed up with.
- Support the design of and deliver effective tools and training for countering corruption across NRC Ethiopia. dAulY60 DmW5B7
- Provide advice and guidance on internal compliance and anti-corruption, ensure compliance with anti-corruption policy and NRC procedures and guidelines
- Produce statistical reports and overviews, map and analyze trends to understand financial, reputation, and managerial threats and risks faced by NRC in Ethiopia
- Participate in internal investigations at NRC locations throughout Ethiopia as required.
- Provide training on PSEA and act as country focal person for complaints & whistle blowing
- Research and develop innovative approaches to preventing corruption
- Work with colleagues to incorporate best practice into risk and control activities
- Contribute to organizational learning and development in compliance and anti-
- Corruption at NRC by sharing learning, experience and best practices with other compliance and anti-corruption practitioners in NRC.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working in compliance, auditing or risk management functions or minimum 4 years of experience from working in coordinator positions in the humanitarian sector.
- BA degree with related fields
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge and skills in the international regulatory context applicable for INGOs.
- Knowledge and skills in any of the following: safeguarding, accountability to affected populations or Code of Conduct related matters.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Knowledge of the regulatory context in the country of service.
Fluency in Amharic
Familiarity with the regulatory bodies for INGOs in Ethiopia
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. The following are essential for this position:
Analysing – Having a strong capacity for absorbing large amounts of information, verifying critical elements and communicating conclusions rationally and clearly.
Planning and delivering results – Being able to break down a project/activity into achievable tasks; ensuring that activities are relevant, well planned and implemented according to strategies, procedures and internal requirements; and making decisions by analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate solutions, providing reasons for decisions and taking action.
Working with people – Setting a positive example for others by being accountable for own behavior and actions and addressing problems by focusing on solutions, not obstacles.
Communicating with impact and respect – Presenting the actual situation by keeping superiors and teams informed about both positive and negative information, but always respecting confidentiality of sensitive information
How to apply
To apply for the position https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1647895457432
Application Deadline:4 April,2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: