Regional Social Behavior Change Project Manager – Oromia Development Association (ODA)
Oromia Development Association (ODA) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Regional Social Behavior Change Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
Regional Social Behavior Change Project Manager
- Oversees and provides technical support in monitoring a strategic and results-oriented approach for all Social Behavior Change activities.
- Leads SBC team to strategically plan, implement, and evaluate SBC and community engagement activities, working closely with another ODA team.
- Ensure integration of SBC activities into major activities across the different IRs of the activities and potential platforms of ODA and FHI 360/ USAID Healthy Behavior Activity.
- Drive cross-functional team members to develop detailed SBC activity schedules and milestones, and risks and risk mitigation plans to meet the activity SBC requirements.
- Ensure that crosscutting elements of the activities; gender, learning and documentation of program experience, coordination with other stakeholders in the same geographic areas and sustainable approaches are considered in each SBC activity.
- Provide technical assistance to implementation of innovative SBC approaches of the activity.
- Leads the efficient implementation of the SBC component of the project work plans, budget, and reporting.
- Support the design of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for SBC activities in collaboration with other program staff, partners and stakeholders, including setting clear performance targets and identifying expected results.
- Work with M&E teams to monitor and evaluate the impact of the SBC strategy.
- Collaborate closely with the SBC team members, Program staff, as well as other projects/programs of ODA, working on health issues to ensure synergy, sharing of technical resources, learning and mutual support.
- Coordinates with other similar programs in ODA to assure effective integration and linkages between program activities, and to identify opportunities for synergies in the design, development and use of SBC materials and related activities.
- Participate in regular program meetings as required.
- Maintain smooth partnership relation with regional health bureau, zone health department and woreda health offices, private sectors, FHI 360 and other partners who are engaged in similar interventions.
- Participate in different knowledge/experience sharing activities and in technical working group meetings.
- Prepare and oversee work plans and budgets for the SBC activities to assure cost-efficient use of funds, and timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Provide supportive guidance and technical assistance to the implementation of SBC activities at zonal and woreda level.
- Coordinate with the USAID Healthy Behaviors Activity Regional Hub and serve as a primary contact point with USAID Healthy behaviors regional Hub and central team.
- Develop and make presentations on program social behavior change activities as requested.
- Prepare donor program reports and other project documents related to social behavior change. It includes summary of weekly updates and Quarterly performance reports and submit it to USAID Healthy Behaviors MEL Department.
- Ensure effective management of the SBC team member at all level reporting, including supporting their development and ensuring accountability for results.
- BA/BSc Degree/Master’s Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Psychology, Behavioral Sciences, Health Promotion, or related Social Sciences.
- Minimum of five years’ experience out of this at least three year in NGOs.
- A strong demonstrated understanding of Social Behavioral Change as a form of strategic health promotion, with at least eight years of relevant experience for BA/BSC and Five years in SBC work;
- Out of which at least four years of experiences work on gender issues, e.g., gender equity, gender-based violence and other health-related data in SBC program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation; and SBC-related qualitative research.
- Excellent spoken and written in English, A/Oromo and Amharic.
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Microsoft Office) and internet skills.
- Willingness to travel and work with rural communities.
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Oromia Development Association values.
- Holds suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Oromia Development Association
Human Resources Development
Address: Bole Medehanealem, Oromia Tower, 6th Floor, Room No. 602 .
Deadline: 17, October , 2023.