Regional Project Manager – Project Management Office (PMO)
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Regional Project Manager – Project Management Office (PMO)
Duty Station(s): Tigray
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: November 07, 2019
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Regional Project Manager (PM) is responsible to establish the regional PMO and standardize Project Management practices in the regional office with a guidance from the senior project manager. The PM will support the regional project staffs/teams and build their execution capacity to ensure that all the projects under the Agricultural Commercialization Cluster (ACC) initiative and other ATA-led projects implemented in the region are delivered on time, on budget and achieve the targeted results.
The incumbent will work very closely with the director of Project and Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) in the head office, regional implementation support director, regional ATA project staffs, concerned Regional Bureau of Agriculture teams and other regional Government offices to ensure the establishment of the regional PMO and standardizing project management processes and techniques thereby increasing the execution and delivery capacity of the regional project team.
Project planning and execution capacity has been identified as a major bottleneck to the transformation of Ethiopia’s agriculture sector, and the PM will be on the front line of catalysing change affecting millions of smallholder farmers.
This position will report directly to the Regional Implementation Support Director and the Director of Project and Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) at the Head office. The PPM team sits within the Implementation Support (IS) Vertical, which strives to standardize project/program/portfolio management practices in the agency and elevate project management skill of ATA project teams that drive the impact and effectiveness of the ATA’s and partners’ work with smallholder farmers. The position will be based in ATA regional Offices.
- In close collaboration with the regional Implementation Support Director and the director of Project Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) of the ATA Head office, establish the regional Project Management Office (PMO).
- Support the design and implementation of project management systems, processes, and tools in the regional ATA office with guidance from the PPMO Director of the ATA Head office and support from the Regional Implementation Support Director.
- Undertake regular capacity need assessment of the regional ATA office with respect to Project Management Skills and implement tailored capacity enhancement interventions.
- Facilitate the development of problem-solving skills within the regional projects team.
- Link projects with common or related activities and facilitate the transfer of learnings from one project to another.
- Develop an approach to enhance the capacity of ATA regional government partners in best project management practices and techniques.
- Regularly seek feedback from ATA and partner project teams for improvements to Project Management tools, training and support.
- Perform other related tasks when assigned.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in project management, Business Administration, Development Studies, IT or other relevant disciplines with relevant professional training in Project Management.
- A minimum of 6 years’ on-hand experience for Masters’ Degree and 8 years of relevant experience for bachelor’s degree in Project Management, with focus on project planning, capacity building and coordination in international organization, the private sector or government office.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills- ability to work with peoples without line managing responsibility.
- Energized by a fast-moving environment with an emphasis on high performance, accountability and results, has a drive for excellence and enjoy being around others with the same drive.
- Strong set of personal values, including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service – this is your bedrock when all else is uncertain.
- Previous PMO Managing experience is advantageous.
- PMP or equivalent certificate/ ready to be certified within six months after recruitment.
- Fluency in English and specific regional language where the position resides is required.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline Nov 7, 2019
- Total Jobs 11 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa