The Human Resources team at Abt Associates provides global, high quality, value-added programs, services, and consultancy in a timely manner. With our efforts, we aim to enhance the Company’s ability to attract, retain, and motivate highly talented employees. We are committed to a work environment that supports work/family initiatives and is strengthened by diversity. In partnership with staff, we encourage open communications and require the equitable, consistent application of all regulations and Company policies.
Reporting to the Director of International Human Resources, the position will provide full-scope HR generalist expertise to support the designated region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with HQ Human Resources team, collaborate with program leaders and designated in-country representatives to ensure that HR systems, including policies and procedures are understood and adhered to.
- In conjunction with Home office, conduct employee relations and other investigations as needed. Ensure appropriate documentation and follow up.
- Provide on-site or online HR related training as needed.
- Provide recruitment support to country programs and support recruitment of key regional and country level roles in liaison with local HR representative and home office recruiting team. Ensure on-boarding systems and processes are in place and in accordance with Abt Standards.
- Ensure hiring and employment practices are in compliance with Client, Abt’s requirements, and local labor law.
- Implement and monitor all assigned region field office support systems including recruiting, performance management, HRIS and compliance, ensuring smooth functioning, communication and coordination with headquarters.
- Manage purchase of health insurance plans for site offices as well as insure all other benefits provided are within legal mandates and Abt policy.
- Build HR capacity at site offices.
- Conduct periodic HR file audits at project sites.
- Up to 50% travel to region site offices.
- Fluency in the English language is required – other languages: French, Portuguese, or Amharic are required if supporting sites where these language skills are essential.
- This position does not provide relocation. Candidate must reside and have the right to work in country of residence.
6+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is available in Ghana, Ethiopia, and Kenya. There are two openings.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.