Recruitment Officer at IRC
International Rescue Committee – IRC is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Requisition ID: req10730
Job Title: Recruitment Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
The Recruitment Officer will be responsible for supporting the staffing for open positions in the Ethiopia Country program to meet the demands of the programs. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking, and final negotiations for open positions. S/he will also follow recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines and will provide input to ensure the IRC has a talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. S/he will implement IRC’s Recruitment “best practices” that ensure the timely selection of top talent and will recruit for talent that will support IRC’s organizational culture while contributing to IRC’s position as an employer of choice.
- Support the Recruitment Cycle (post vacancies, short-list CV’s, arrange interviews, maintain candidate employment applications, conduct reference checks, extend offers, send rejection letters for unsuccessful applicants, update recruitment report, etc.)
- Under the supervision of the Recruitment and Mobility Manager, and mentorship, recruit for entry-level positions and build recruitment skills to recruit for additional positions at the IRC.
- Follow IRC HR Operating Policies and Procedures (HROPP) in Recruitment and ensure compliance with all Ethiopian labor laws.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR/Recruitment information and other IRC pertinent information in the IRC’s offices.
- Collaborate with the Recruitment and Mobility Manager in updating and providing weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
- Strong collaboration with Senior Recruitment Officer and HR Lead to employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent and maintain consistency of Minimum Standards in IRC’s Recruitment best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the IRC’s culture and values and align these with sourcing and attracting talent.
- Other recruitment responsibilities as assigned.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Recruitment and Mobility Manager
Other Internal contacts: All staff and departments within the Ethiopia Country Program
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- Bachelor’s /Post Graduate degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 3 years of experience with recruitment or experience of recruitment within an HR generalist role required. Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System is a plus.
- Experience with handling internal mobility a plus.
- Experience working for an INGO.
- Experience with recruitment processes and databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field sites.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to run situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of employment law and legislation.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on Apply For This Job Button Below
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these
values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.