Recruitment Assistant at IRC
International Rescue Committee – IRC is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Requisition ID: req10731
Job Title: Recruitment Assistant
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
The Recruitment Assistant will be responsible for supporting the staffing for open positions in the Ethiopia Country program that vary from short-term, emergency response, and full-time needs to meet demands of donors and programs in location that Ethiopia country program are working. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, community engagement, posting advertisements in the local community sources, and short-listing candidates for open vacancies. S/he will also follow recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines, and will provide input to ensure the IRC has diverse global talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization.
- Support the Recruitment Cycle to advertise and post vacancies in local community sources, short-list CV’s, scheduling for interviews and tests, and maintain candidate employment applications.
- Under the supervision of the Recruitment and Mobility Officer, and guidance, source for entry level positions and build connections in the local community for open vacancies.
- Maintain a Roster of local candidates that are interested in IRC vacancies.
- Follow IRC HR Operating Policies and Procedures (HROPP) in Recruitment and ensure compliance with all Ethiopian labor laws.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR/Recruitment information and other IRC pertinent information in Ethiopia.
- Collaborate with Recruitment and Mobility Officers and Manager to provide weekly updates on candidate pool and roster for entry-level staffing needs.
- Contribute to developing community engagement strategies for non-English speakers and those who don’t have access to IRC’s online job postings, and encouraging diversity within workforce.
- Build referral network in IRC locations and field sites, to attract qualified candidates for urgent and upcoming program staffing needs.
- Other recruitment responsibilities as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Recruitment and Mobility Officer
Position directly supervises: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts: All staff and departments within the IRC field offices inside Ethiopia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 1 year of experience with recruitment or experience of recruitment within an HR generalist role required.
- Experience with handling internal mobility a plus.
- Experience working for an INGO is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to run situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on Apply For This Job Button Below
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these
values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.