Quality Assurance Manager at DIAGEO Ethiopia
Location: Sebeta, Ethiopia
SebetaJob Description :
Welcome to the Diageo world of exciting possibilities, a world of celebrating life every day, everywhere. Diageo is a truly global organisation with over 28,000 talented people and a presence in 180 countries. Across our 21 markets, our brand portfolio represents our biggest strength, and our biggest passion. Be it our global giants, local stars or reserve brands we use our vision, creativity and courage to drive the growth of our products worldwide. We invent strong brands for today and for the future; upholding the quality of our products and taking personal accountability for both the history and for the future of our brands.
We have more than 6,500 people working with Diageo in Africa: our Africa businesses account for over 20% of Diageo workforce worldwide. In all that we do, we seek to bring out the best of our Diageo values and release the ‘spirit of joy & community’ which is alive across the African continent. In Africa we create wealth both directly through our operations and indirectly through our broader value chains where we support development and growth in partnership with businesses and communities.
Thirteen of our production sites in Africa are in water stressed areas; so much of our focus is on managing water use in our operations effectively and reducing water poverty in surrounding communities through our pan-African Water of Life programme. Since its launch in 2006, we have brought safe drinking water to around 10 million people.
We are committed to our vision of being ‘the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company. To be a part of Diageo is to be a part of history – and to have the unrivalled opportunity to make your own mark in history.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective Quality and Food safety management (IS0 9001:2000 and FSSC 22000)
- Manage Quality Control & assurance activities as per sampling plans, maintenance & calibration schedules
- Ensure analytical proficiency (accuracy & precision) through applied Statistical process control (SPC) and participation in Analytical Proficiency schemes/Ring schemes
- Manages the development of the department resources through training, informal feedback and individual performance appraisals. This includes; building high performing team, performance management, succession for roles, reward management and employee development.
- Standards (GRMS) and procedures – Manage DWOB implementation and complete GRMS for the department and the site appropriates
- Implement Excellence in Supply Chain (EISC) to the department and site. Adhere to all EISC requirement as a HoD
- Conducts warehouse audits and oversees the proper execution of the Warehouse and Stock Rotation Index
- Attends meetings as required by the terms of reference. Ensures reporting of pertinent KPI and manages with budget.
- Ensure all new CAPEX investments meet all defined quality criteria and operational qualifications.
- Assurance, audit and review which includes; Material supplier quality
- Performance management (KPI/BPM)
- Own the customer & consumer complaints management and timely resolution.
- Support production departments in the development, implementation and training of Quality standards, procedures and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Food Technology, or Engineering.
- At least 5 year experience in quality management within a manufacturing environment, preferably Food, Beverage, Brewing or Packaging industry.
- Experience in Brewing will be an added advantage
- A proven track record of building and leading high performing teams and achievement of stretching goals.
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships.
- Attention to detail, high levels of numeracy with advanced competence in excel
- Strong stakeholder engagement capability
- Fluent in English.
Worker Type :
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants can apply on DIAGEO website by click below.