Public Health officer – Save the Children
Save the Children Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Public Health officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
Public Health officer
- Overall responsible for coordination of day to day health activities at assigned project site.
- Organize and facilitate kick of meetings, review meeting and other events to enhance ownership and sustainability.
- Develop joint plan with Woreda health office and Health facility representatives to strengthen integration and collaboration.
- Plan and supervise implementation of project activities together with MOH counterparts.
- Provide technical guidance to health extension workers and health workers.
- Coach and mentor MOH staffs working at different levels including woreda health office, health centres and health posts.
- Conduct training need assessment, health facility functionality and other assessments with MOH.
- Make sure appropriate distribution and utilization of supplies and equipment provided by SCI.
- Organize and facilitate trainings to health workers and health extension workers on different thematic areas.
- Conduct post training follow up, routine supportive supervision and joint monitoring visit.
- Participate on regional level integrated supportive supervision and other monitoring visits.
- Asses local capacity and ensure programmes are deliver results according to relevant standards, polices, and program strategy.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent health education is provided to the communities.
- Facilitate and support in the development and scheduling of outreach activities and support region wide campaigns at assigned woreda.
- Support woreda level microplanning.
- Represent SCI in health and nutrition cluster coordination to includes also RH related meetings with stakeholders.
- Take part in the project set-up, technical support visit, monitoring visits, surveys and evaluations.
- Support in the management of essential drugs and medical supplies efficiently and make sure IPLS are applied at all level.
- With the support of MEAL team ensure project performance is tracked and quality standards adhered to.
- Coordinate any awareness raising campaigns/behaviour change communication in the community in coordination with MOH.
- Facilitate cross-sectoral programming, particularly to promote excellent communication and referral between.
- BSC in Public Health or Nursing.
- Desirable MPH in any field of Public Health.
- Minimum 5 years working experience and with more than 1 year NGOs experience.
- Experience in Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS).
- Experience MNCH in emergencies.
- Sphere standards trainings.
- Demonstrable ability on report writing and excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently and flexible to adapt changes.
- Good Computer skills in Microsoft word, excel, power point and internet explorer.
- Fluency in in written and spoken English and local languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and able to work in a multicultural team.
- Passionate about improving the lives of children.
- Non-discriminatory and gender sensitive.
- Commitment to SCI values.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 14, October , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: