CST ETHIOPIA is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
- Salary :As Per the Organization Scale with attractive benefits package
Protection Programme Officer
Scope of Role
The protection programme Officer reports to the Women Empowerment Programme Coordinator of CST Ethiopia ,But for rapid response in the initial phase of the protection interventions/he is going to report directly to the regional Humanitarian Advisor.The Protection programme Officer works closely with the women’s Empowerment Programme, Resilient Communities programme team, Consortium Manager ,CST Programme staff ,Regional Humanitarian Coordinator, HQ Colleagues, partner and other stakeholders to;
- Provides technical support on protection and GBV responsible interventions of partners in Tigray
- Facilitate capacity development of local partners in the protection sector (GBV responsible PSS)
- Support partners to implement protection interventions, with a particular focus on GBV response (Health ,Psycholocial,GBV Case management ,Women’s and girls’ Safe Spaces, Referral Sytems),Risk mitigation (Dignity kits ,Cash and vouchers assistance) and community based psychological support,in line with the inter agency Minimum standard for GBV in emergency programming and GBV/CP sub-cluster strategies and priorities .
- Monitor protection works of partners and ensure that they are in line with the contractual agreements and legal requirements
- Prepare and support the development o f concepts notes and proposal in collaboration with partners and relevant CST Team.
- Represent CST Ethiopia in the protection cluster ,CP,GBV sub –cluster, and other relevant working groups and meetings
Education ፡Minimum first Degree in Social work, Public Health psychology ,international Development or other relevant field of study humanitarian related fields and development studies.
Experience፡At least 3 years of project management experience with at least 2 years of protection /GBV project management experience in humanitarian settings
- Experience providing psychological support to risk women ,girls ,in particular GBV survivors
- Excellent management ,project planning ,project planning ,organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience Working with capacity building Local NGO’s on Pss,GBV case management .psychological first aid ,health response to GBV
- Academic and/or practical experience in designing and implementing trainings for adults
- Demonstrated experience of mainstreaming including gender, safe guarding ,Protection and accountability
- Experience working in a partnership led NGO
- Practical experience of monitoring and managing budget
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge through, training ,mentorship and accompaniment
- Familiarity with standards and guidelines on protection ,MHPSS and GBV interventions and Coordination
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures and the mandates of donors ,UN agencies ,and NGOs
- Ability to exercise sound judgment ,to remain flexible a changing environment .and to make decisions independently
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Fluency in English and Amharic (Tigrayan language skills an asset)
- Strong computer skills:must be competent in the use of Windows, MS Office Programs(Word, Excel)
- Strong Commitment to principles of partnership, solidarity ,social justice and localization
- Excellent networking skills with the ability to establish good relationships, confident in engaging with colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Constructive critical to creativity and analytical
- Entrepreneurial ,affinity to creativity and innovations
- Open-Minded and flexible in approach
- Effective Communication
- Readiness to work outside of the framed job description
- Availability to work outside regular hours to meet deadlines and travel within Tigray region and outside when necessary and sometimes on short notice
- As this role involves providing technical accompaniment within GBV Services and Women Only Spaces, Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply using this link https://trocaire.workable.com/backend/jobs/1640832/browser/applied