Protection Officer (Protection Monitoring) Location: Dima, Gambella Employment Category: H2 Reporting – DRC
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title:Protection Officer (Protection Monitoring) Location: Dima, Gambella Employment Category: H2 Reporting – DRC
To: Protection Team Leader Start of Contract & Duration: Ten Months (10)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, Gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Under the supervision of the Protection team leader, the Protection Officer-monitoring will coordinate and implement protection monitoring activities in selected host community areas and camps in the Gambella region. Specifically, she/he will plan and conduct protection monitoring visits in a high number of host community areas in the Gambella region affected by new displacements and timely reports on protection trends and risks identified. The position will, furthermore, be tasked to identify and provide direct assistance and support to people with specific needs. Additionally, the position is expected to contribute to other protection activities that DRC is implementing in the Okugo refugee camp in the Gambella region.
- Implement assigned protection monitoring activities in line with international standards, best practices, and DRC protection monitoring guidelines
- Maintain good relationships with other stakeholders to collect daily information on fresh displacements in the area of coverage.
- Contribute to the development of protection monitoring tools
- Conduct regular protection monitoring activities, including protection needs assessments as relevant, using the agreed tools
- Support the production of protection monitoring reports and regular analysis
- Ensure ethical and statistically-sound data collection, analysis, and protection monitoring reports procedures
- Analyze dis aggregated protection-related data as a means to inform programming and response activities.
- Contribute to the monthly progress report as well as cluster 5ws
- Ensure the provision of effective protection services and referrals.
- Identify and refer individuals at risk for appropriate services, including the provision of IPAs
- Support protection mainstreaming in all of DRC’s interventions, including incorporating findings from protection trends and risks in DRC’s areas of intervention
- Assisting in developing and conducting assessments, mid-term and end of project reports, and evaluations.
- Ensure DRC’s accountability commitments are mainstreamed into all protection activities.
- Support in the development of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure proper documentation of all project activities including means of verification, assessments, and case studies. c4aDgmA DmW5BQ
- Contribute to the development of project proposals and concept notes.
- Work closely with all protection thematic areas in DRC Dimma operation.
- All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an entry to mid-level position, with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee/IDP protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Technical understanding of core protection concepts, prevention, and response strategies, including experience with operationalizing global best practices and international standards for implementing protection monitoring in humanitarian contexts.
- Experience in conducting protection monitoring or protection assessments, or other related assessments
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with displaced or conflict-affected populations; experience in Gambella region preferred
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
University degree in social sciences, law, social work, international development, or other relevant fields from a recognized institution.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English, Amharic, and an additional advantage of the Anuack and Murele/Arabic languages.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on
www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to January 24, 2022.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Deadline: January 24,2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: